Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 05:35 AM

Default AKo UTG+2

Preflop my raise and reraise brings lots of dead money into the pot.

Flop: Missed it and I think I could bet here but since the BB reraised me preflop I should really check behind.

Turn: The pot is large but I think this is a fold.

River: Hoping for a miracle ?

Overcards aren't worth much if they don't improve by the turn.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Everest Poker Limit Hold'em, $0.25/$0.50 (HH Converter by Kreatief)

MP1 ($12.27)
MP2 ($13.75)
MP3 ($21.51)
CO ($7.52)
Button ($39.31)
SB ($5.85)
BB ($19.54)
UTG+1 ($17.00)
UTG+2 ($23.10) (Hero)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls,

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( 13.8BB )
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>,

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( 15.8BB )
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>,

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( 18.8BB )
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls,
Old 11-10-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Re: AKo UTG+2

I would fold turn unimproved here, there is no reason to overcall especially since it costs you 1 BB. The river is a deffinate fold. You hold high card and at best are chopping with someone. The likely hood that someone has a pair of some sort makes a call here pretty spewy.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:47 AM

The coldcalls preflop suggest to me a pretty reasonable likelihood of CO or Button holding a small PP. And with button betting the turn and you sandwiched after the BB donks the river, I don't think you get away with seeing the river for one bet. So even though the pot is big, I think you can find a fold here. I really don't even know if you're good 5% time here, anyway. But I would have called if I closed the action on the river, honestly.

The flop c-bet is okay given the ragged board and since you capped preflop, but once you're called here, you have to assume someone has at least a pair. What could anyone possibly be drawing to? As soon as you get callers here, I think you know you're behind.

Maybe the c-bet gets an A3s or A4s to fold, too, cleaning up your A's as outs.

On the turn, I don't know if you assign a full 6 outs for your OCs, but the pot is big enough that I still want to see the river for one bet.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:48 AM

interesting hand
Im not sure but I like c-bet this flop even with so many villains. Pot is very large and flop dry. Bet can increase your winning chance enought to do it. Also you will get more info how strong is your OC outs.

After action at flop I do easy (In my opinion) call at turn getting 17:1 (include rake)and I think I have at least 3 outs clean.

Fold river UI if still there are 2 villains, with PF3better HU Im getting about 18:1 at river and he has 9 combos of AK, KK-3, QQ-3, JJ-6, TT- 6. Chop - 9 combos, behind - 18. I assume he would raise flop with AQs and AA and possibly slowplay set QQQ. So you getting 2:1 odds to chop.If you chop then u win only haff pot so 9BB.

Pot odds 9:1, odds 2:1 (you range after cap PF, c-bet flop and check turn is 100% AK so villain could try steal pot(clean AK outs) and bet. SO even if we assume he wont bet his AK UI at turn so often I think its still profutable call HU with him,

like you think guys?

EDIT: I didnt see that BT lead turn (I thought PF3better bet)
Old 11-10-2007, 02:58 PM

I wouldn't c-bet with unimproved A high on the flop.

I'd fold this guy on the turn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2007, 03:31 PM

:g:

Check flop, fold turn. River is reaaaaaly bad.