Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 06:50 AM
 is offline

Default I have Flush, villain bets 1/2 pot on river, do I raise for value ?

Preflop is kind of ugly, but BTN and SB are real fishy. SB would raise nearly any 2 cards preflop, and BTN is a huge calling station, I was almost sure that by limping I would get a multiway pot with position to SB. BB is 22/15/2.6, but he was also playing more passively due to the table dynamics. I was playing 19/13/2 and had a weak tight image at the table.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">BB ($159.25)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($634.75)</font>
MP ($61.70)
Button ($46.40)
SB ($195.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls $1, MP calls $1, Button calls $1, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $5.5</font>, Hero calls $4.50, MP calls $4.50, Button folds, SB folds.

Flop: ($18.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $10.25</font>, Hero calls $10.25, MP folds.

Turn: ($39) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $23</font>, BB calls $23.

River: ($85) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $45</font>, <font color="#CC3333">

Hero ??
Old 11-03-2007, 06:56 AM

Default Re: I have Flush, villain bets 1/2 pot on river, do I raise for value ?

how can u not be in position against the SB? i dont understand. the SB isnt in this hand im so confused lol. and u dont really have position on him if its a multiway pot. when ppl say they have position on someone it's usually a 2 or 3 handed pot. if nething ur extremely out of position especially with the big blind being the raiser.

so im gonna construe all that as trying to justify ur limp so yes u should raise preflop for sure. I like the flop play although a raise isnt out of the question. on the turn u should bet more about 32 imo. on the river u got a pretty easy raise i'd say to about 120 (75 more).
Old 11-03-2007, 07:01 AM

Default Re: I have Flush, villain bets 1/2 pot on river, do I raise for value

bet more on the turn, value shove the river, given stacks.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:07 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
how can u not be in position against the SB? i dont understand. the SB isnt in this hand im so confused lol. and u dont really have position on him if its a multiway pot. when ppl say they have position on someone it's usually a 2 or 3 handed pot. if nething ur extremely out of position especially with the big blind being the raiser.

so im gonna construe all that as trying to justify ur limp so yes u should raise preflop for sure. I like the flop play although a raise isnt out of the question. on the turn u should bet more about 32 imo. on the river u got a pretty easy raise i'd say to about 120 (75 more).

[/ QUOTE ]

thx for reply jcl,

SB was playing real maniacal preflop. If it was limped to him he would raise 7$ or so. If it was raised before him, he would min 3bet preflop etc .. So I was limping a lot of pps, I usualy just would have folded a SC preflop, but I expected SB to be the preflop raiser in this hand. He just limped thought and BB raised. I know the hand looks awful ;(

As for the turn play, I definetly aggree that I had to bet more, can`t really remember what was going thru my mind, this hand was last week and I hadn`t posted it, cause it was played so ugly [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

However, given the way the hand played out, do I reraise this river for value ?
Old 11-03-2007, 07:19 AM

personally i would say you needed to bet more on turn- to reduce odds for him if hes holding a king with a higher spade, and also it could be interpreted to mean that you have a king and are protecting agsint the fourth spade. definitely value shove the river and if he has a higher flush/ filled up- which seems unlikely- then there isnt much you can do
Old 11-03-2007, 11:15 AM

I think to call river is fine given your bet on turn. You don't get called by worse here often enough unless he put you on K7s K5s and decided to value/blocking bet with his AA
Old 11-03-2007, 11:35 AM

Looks like he has AK and is planning on folding to a raise. If he can read hands then it's obvious that he doesn't beat anything even if you minraise.

On this end I would just call or minraise/fold at best.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:03 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like he has AK and is planning on folding to a raise. If he can read hands then it's obvious that he doesn't beat anything even if you minraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my read also.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:15 PM

I really hate his flop bet size if he had AK without A of spade
Old 11-03-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he sure as [censored] isn't calling a raise with AK if you don't give him the opportunity to do so by just calling.

Min-raise/fold is beyond retarded. Look at stack sizes. Just shove for value. He can't make a hero call with AK/AA unless you put him to that decision.

Oh, and raise the flop. WTF.