Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hero's action is...
check 2 2.60%
bet $10 45 58.44%
bet pot 28 36.36%
other 2 2.60%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: KITN or Pat on the Back?

[ QUOTE ]
I think strict constructionism has to be the guide when interpreting someone's statement as a concession.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally how the other player interpret it is how it is taken. For example if someone takes it as a concession and throws their cards in the muck to the dealer has some place to push the opt it will be taken as a concession. Also there is this rule to consider (IMO the most important rule in poker, at least from a decision making standpoint). It deals wit most angles/reverse angles.

[ QUOTE ]
8. The same action may have a different meaning, depending on who does it, so the possible intent of an offender will be taken into consideration. Some factors here are the person’s amount of poker experience and past record.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-09-2007, 05:44 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
I agree I never should have flipped her cards, but those of you who think this isn't an obvious angle are nuts. I am also man enough to ask what people thought of my actions, and admit any wrong doing in the case. I will take my KITN like a man, and learn my lesson.

[/ QUOTE ]

if I read your OP correctly the Lady tabled her hand and then turned them back over. Cards speak so once she shows her hand, the best hand wins. I don't think flipping cards that have already been shown is a problem.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if I read your OP correctly the Lady tabled her hand and then turned them back over. Cards speak so once she shows her hand, the best hand wins. I don't think flipping cards that have already been shown is a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry,

[ QUOTE ]
she shows him the ace then mucks,

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like she 'flashed' her cards, never tabled them. If she tabled them, there would have been no discussion.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also there is this rule to consider (IMO the most important rule in poker, at least from a decision making standpoint). It deals wit most angles/reverse angles.

[ QUOTE ]
8. The same action may have a different meaning, depending on who does it, so the possible intent of an offender will be taken into consideration. Some factors here are the person’s amount of poker experience and past record.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the rule:

If you want to claim any part of the pot at a contested showdown, <font color="red">you must table your hand</font>. Both cards. Face up. On the felt.

If players would just follow that golden rule, a large percentage of the calls to the Floor would be avoided.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also there is this rule to consider (IMO the most important rule in poker, at least from a decision making standpoint). It deals wit most angles/reverse angles.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the rule:

If you want to claim any part of the pot at a contested showdown, <font color="red">you must table your hand</font>. Both cards. Face up. On the felt.

If players would just follow that golden rule, a large percentage of the calls to the Floor would be avoided.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a golden rule, but it isn't helpful in resolving disputes. The floor is called when there is a an irregularity. The real problem with that is if someone doesn't know the showdown is being contested. The players that are most likely to pay attention are often the exact players that make the games good. Doing somethign to drive them out of the card room would be a very bad idea.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:15 PM

Again, 'nice call' is not a concession. 'You win' or 'Take the pot', ok. I've had players say 'nice call' when they were betting bottom pair and ended up with the best hand.

And the habit of showing just your opponent one card and then mucking is asking for trouble. The sooner player are broken of the habit, the better.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:37 PM

KITN on both, kindly mind your own business and let the dealer run the game. Thx
Old 04-09-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KITN on both, kindly mind your own business and let the dealer run the game. Thx

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you must be a real joy to be around.

1) POTB from me (as an observer) and the guy (for getting him the pot). The other guy tried to angle shoot and got caught. He should've been asked to leave for that (it seems clear that those that saw it thought it was fairly obviously an angle and not an honest mistake). You protected the integrity of the game and stopped a cheater.

2)Getting into a gray area here. She tabled her hand. Making a hand visible to the table is tabling, it's overly nitty to demand that both cards are laid flat on the felt at a 45 degree angle to each other with the high card on top (use suits to break ties). That said, while you'd have done her a good deed to say "Wait, are you sure you don't wanna table you're hand" it really isn't your place to table her hand for her (unless she asks).
Also, he did NOT muck, nor did he concede the hand. Imagine if it was a 4 flush board and he says "nice hand" and raps the table, then says "oh s**t I have a flush" and tables his hand, he wins, raping the table is not concession of a hand.

Cody
Old 04-09-2007, 11:22 PM

I actually have no problem with your protecting the integrity of the game against douche-boy. But I voted for KITN just on principle, cuz it's me.

Al
Old 04-10-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually have no problem with your protecting the integrity of the game against douche-boy. But I voted for KITN just on principle, cuz it's me.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell I know I wasn't the only one waiting for you to show up in this thread.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Cody