Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 04:47 AM

Default Re: meh river

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I check and call. AJ is about the only hand you could get value from. I can't see him folding anything that beats you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is prefect. We beat two passively played Flush draws, we breat KQ,KJ,QJ. Sign me up to the C/C club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only problem with c/c is that a good player isnt bluffing those very often and IMO its a bit of a stretch to assume that an unknown at FTP 10/20 is bad
Old 11-29-2007, 05:01 AM

oink unknowns are less likely to be tags since tags usually multitable (you'll have hands on them) and they're also less likely to be randomly changing sites. whenever you encounter an unknown you need to realize that there's a higher chance this is a "i deposited $200" fish than a "i'm a solid player and just decided to switch sites" or "i'm a solid player and i play here but i haven't played a single hand with you even though i play the same limits and we've both played 10,000 hands at these limits."
Old 11-29-2007, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oink unknowns are less likely to be tags since tags usually multitable (you'll have hands on them) and they're also less likely to be randomly changing sites. whenever you encounter an unknown you need to realize that there's a higher chance this is a "i deposited $200" fish than a "i'm a solid player and just decided to switch sites" or "i'm a solid player and i play here but i haven't played a single hand with you even though i play the same limits and we've both played 10,000 hands at these limits."

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really want this to become a discussion about how unknowns play at certain limits. The reason hes unknown is because I havent played at FTP in months and I havent datamined.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:07 AM

ya definetely

good point. I guess I considered him a random player because nina recently moved up.

But you are right of course. c/c an unknown should be the play and I should stop with the fancy pants stuff