Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: lolriver

If you feel you can generally fold to a raise I prefer to bet/fold. Although I still think he's going to fold alot of hands you beat.

C/C if you feel he'll accidentally bluff the river with a perfectly showdownable hand(an error I feel is made quite often live).
Old 11-14-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you feel you can generally fold to a raise I prefer to bet/fold. Although I still think he's going to fold alot of hands you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

other than MAYBE KJ (which probably isn't folding anyway) what hands that we beat are folding?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

other than MAYBE KJ (which probably isn't folding anyway) what hands that we beat are folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

villian is listed a a "Tag old regular". I would assume that the only hands paying us off are QT, and QJ. Even those hands he might fold with a K and A on board. Other hands that are a pair and gutshot(T9,J9 specifically), are probably folding on the river.

The more I think about this hand I want to C/C and let him bluff at the ace.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

villian is listed a a "Tag old regular". I would assume that the only hands paying us off are QT, and QJ. Even those hands he might fold with a K and A on board. Other hands that are a pair and gutshot(T9,J9 specifically), are probably folding on the river.

The more I think about this hand I want to C/C and let him bluff at the ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm retarded. i read that statement wrong so obviously what i wrote makes no sense
Old 11-14-2007, 11:32 PM

To everyone that says c/c to induce a bluff,

Which hands is he bluffing with?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JJ TT J9 T9
Old 11-15-2007, 12:43 AM

c/f or b/f. b/f is better imo
Old 11-15-2007, 02:01 AM

so didn't answer this hand last night because was really torn on what to do. After thinking a little more and reading responses put me in the b/f camp.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JJ TT J9 T9

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd want a read that he is either a little clueless (i.e. he'll bet just because he thinks you are weak without thinking about you can call with) or aggressive enough to knowingly turn a made hand into a thin bluff.

For a thinking player, I'd give him credit to be able to recognize a defensive check, which is what a river check would look like here. That makes c/f sound like a pretty good line, but I think it loses too much value those times he would have made a crying call but checks behind instead. Also, c/f this river could be pretty bad for metagame - this guy will probably have it if he bets, but other players at the table will just see that you check-raised, bet, and check-folded when an A came. I suppose that could be a good thing if they already bluff too much, but I wouldn't want to put ideas into the heads of otherwise predictable players.

Finally, I doubt this guy will bluff-raise the river here. Even if he thinks OP is too tight, she's played aggressively and didn't slow down when the A came (if you bet in rhythm), so he'd have to have a lot of tricky in him to do that.

So, I say b/f.