Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 01:40 AM

Default 1/2 stud hi split queens

pretty sure there are some big leaks here, i cant really remember why i played it this way, i might have been tilting from losing with rolled 2s a few hands prior. anyway any leaks identified are helpful and i would like to know especially about my river call.

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (7.30 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (6.65 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (8.65 BB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (10.65 BB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (12.65 BB)
Old 10-19-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Re: 1/2 stud hi split queens

Probably raise third. I don't know about the bet on fourth. Ordinarily, you might bet here even though you "know" the presumed raiser has Aces in an effort to get it heads-up. In this case, however, your hand is pretty dead, and I wouldn't be looking for reasons to get tied on here. I'd check and call one bet.

By fifth, I think your hand has become sufficiently dead that you can throw in the towel. Having called, you pick up an open-ender on sixth. You're looking at three spades, but the pot is kinda big so you should probably call and hope. Unless the other guy is a nut or something, I doubt that your hand is good often enough to make paying off the river worthwhile.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:12 AM

On third there's no reason not to raise. You learn a lot about the Ace behind you if you do, and it can make your Queens a lot easier to value bet (or dump) if the time comes.

I like Fourth. You're trying to get it heads-up now that an Ace has died. Good play. It didn't work, so you need to look closely at Fifth.

On Fifth, you lost a Queen, so you are going up a steep hill. Fold.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:20 AM

I would have dumped on 5'th myself. Bets are now expensive, and you've lost one of your escape pods too.

I can only assume on fourth street the second ace made you assume there was a good chance the Ace behind you was full of it? Or was that an attempt to hope you get re-raised to knock out the third guy?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:31 AM

Fold 5th.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:15 PM

thanks for the replies. yes looking back i can see how much nicer it would have been if i had reraised 3rd i think at the time i meant to trap the 10 which i try to do like 20% of the time to mix it up. id like to say i was making a fancy play on 4th but realistically i thought the ace was full of it (i probably dont need to tell you guys he wasnt)i think we can safely pinpoint 5th as the moment my judgement failed and tilt took over. on 7th i called knowing id lose but i just hate dumping a hand on the end in a big pot, if i had felt better i probably could have made the fold.