Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $97.65
UTG+1: $49.75
CO: $103.50
Hero: $98.50
SB: $145.85
BB: $114.20

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($16, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $12</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($40, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $12</font>, Hero ???

SB is 25/8/3.0 over 150 hands. I'm done with this, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm calling this and some bets on most rivers (foldin A rivers since often this is A9 or A6 or something). Leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my thoughts were something like this. There's only two things it could be that are consistent with the action so far. One is a set that has lost it's nerve and is worried I won't bet the turn with a flush draw. The other is a flush draw like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. In either case, calling isn't the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would add all PPs from 33 to JJ (including the onmes that made sets) and some random hands too. Lately this has been TPTK (on the flop) from these types of players but maybe I'm results oriented.

But the turn bet is 1/4 pot. I'd call and see what happens on river since this is not a sign of strenght too often. Then again, unusual spot.

EDIT: Argh I misunderstood

How 'bout calling turn and folding to [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] rivers? Are you saying that it's too risky to raise here since he's just as likely to have a made hand that beats us?
Old 11-26-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($16, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $12</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call. Why didn't he raise the flop if he had a hand. Call then leading seems like a bluff to me, as he is pretty agressive post flop
Old 11-26-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm calling this and some bets on most rivers (foldin A rivers since often this is A9 or A6 or something). Leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my thoughts were something like this. There's only two things it could be that are consistent with the action so far. One is a set that has lost it's nerve and is worried I won't bet the turn with a flush draw. The other is a flush draw like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. In either case, calling isn't the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want to give him odds, and you don't want to build a big pot. I think it is better to call and close the action.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would add all PPs from 33 to JJ (including the onmes that made sets) and some random hands too. Lately this has been TPTK (on the flop) from these types of players but maybe I'm results oriented.

But the turn bet is 1/4 pot. I'd call and see what happens on river since this is not a sign of strenght too often. Then again, unusual spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience this weak turn lead from a bad but not terrible player is often a flush draw looking to set his price.

The problem I have with calling the turn is villains stack size. I would probably just shove since he's priced into calling with his draws and not just the hands you're behind.

Edit - I have a reading comprehension problem and thought UTG+1 was villain. I like calling the turn and re-evaluating on the river.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:50 PM

I'd looove to discuss on some hands over AIM. Feel free to IM me "karpanen2" and get ready to get flooded with (converted!) HHs!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience this weak turn lead from a bad but not terrible player is often a flush draw looking to set his price.

The problem I have with calling the turn is villains stack size. I would probably just shove since he's priced into calling with his draws and not just the hands you're behind.

Edit - I have a reading comprehension problem and thought UTG+1 was villain. I like calling the turn and re-evaluating on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how do you feel about calling a shove when the river is the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So how do you feel about calling a shove when the river is the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would make a tough laydown without any further read although it's a really close decision.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

[/ QUOTE ]

That 4 is basically a blank. The c/c flop, lead a blank turn is usually weak. I'd call and let him bluff the river.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:

[/ QUOTE ]

That 4 is basically a blank. The c/c flop, lead a blank turn is usually weak. I'd call and let him bluff the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

My set detector is going off; however he has priced us in here and he could have a lot of hands that arent sets. We can't be done with TT on that board for that price. We are also in position, which is nice on the river. Just call the turn and call a reasonable river bet. If he makes a huge (&gt;pot) river bet, I'd think about folding, unless the river is a T of course, in which case I'd shove.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean you would call the shove when the river is the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? Is that an easy call for you with no further read other than the HUD stats?

I'm just wondering because I felt like with no further read I would make a tough fold in that spot but it's so close I'm not really sure. I'm kind of wondering if it's a snap call type of situation for you or a "grit your teeth" borderline call that goes either way depending on reads.