Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 04:57 AM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

i agree with victor.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2) There is no evidence of cheating at any other major site wrong. betfair, party, prima

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? link please.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is prolly just a troll...
Old 10-19-2007, 05:07 AM

OK, for people who think absolute is being screwed over.

First, they claimed the type of cheating that took place was simply not possible.

Second, they claimed to review the cheating and the chipdumping, and claimed neither took place. This despite presumably having evidence that former owners being under control of the cheating accounts.

Third, a spokesman threatened a lawsuit against one of the more intelligent high stakes players who looked into the matter, and said a lot of information on this forum was planted by secret agents trying to bring abosolute poker down.

Fourth, another spokesman tried to buy us off by paying the cheated players the money back without admitting that cheating took place at all. As to security changes/repurcussions that would've happened had this taken place, who is to say.

Also, they agree to an audit, probably as a way of getting out of admitting to a breach of the security/integrity of the site, and then just decide to admit everything. This is after their ridiculous offer to pay back cheated players, who of course hadn't been cheated.

So for these reasons I dont think the entity absolute poker, has acted all that well in this matter. Basicly based on what I've written I believe its impossible absolute was looking out for cheated players in this circumstance, which of course should be their primary concern, from my point of view at least.

Apologies if some of this has been already said, or if I'm incorrect on any points.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fourth, another spokesman tried to buy us off by paying the cheated players the money back without admitting that cheating took place at all. As to security changes/repurcussions that would've happened had this taken place, who is to say.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is inaccurate. From what I understand, Dan Druff offered this as a possibility while talking to an AP rep, in the hopes of getting some kind of realistic deal for those affected.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:11 AM

Damn, such a disappointing thread so far.. The title had me too anxious to even bother rolling a J for the expected climax.
Hopefully people will keep digging, as these stalls from AP are nothing new, and I'm pretty sure whatever PR is sent out will be bitterly disappointing.
Simply paying the money back (or buying ppl off?) means jack [censored] now, and frankly, I couldn't care less if arrogant douchebags get their money refunded. Contrast to my first post on the matter where the $$ and 2+2ers were my main concern, this is a far bigger issue obv.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is inaccurate. From what I understand, Dan Druff offered this as a possibility while talking to an AP rep, in the hopes of getting some kind of realistic deal for those affected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this was Dan Druff's suggestion when talking on the phone to a mid-manager at AP, who said he'd take it to the higher ups.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else considered that Seif may be a victim in all of this if he's down as much as he claims on AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you were to ask the people who play him regularly, they'd say it's a pretty realistic figure.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, such a disappointing thread so far.. The title had me too anxious to even bother rolling a J for the expected climax.
Hopefully people will keep digging, as these stalls from AP are nothing new, and I'm pretty sure whatever PR is sent out will be bitterly disappointing.
Simply paying the money back (or buying ppl off?) means jack [censored] now, and frankly, I couldn't care less if arrogant douchebags get their money refunded. Contrast to my first post on the matter where the $$ and 2+2ers were my main concern, this is a far bigger issue obv.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's wait to see what they say.

I think I've made it pretty clear that there is yet-to-be-published info that shows a number of things that I expect AP to admit in their statement.

If they don't, I expect myself, Adanthar, another investigator, a source, etc will once again start posting the truth.

It will come out some way.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's wait to see what they say.

I think I've made it pretty clear that there is yet-to-be-published info that shows a number of things that I expect AP to admit in their statement.

If they don't, I expect myself, Adanthar, another investigator, a source, etc will once again start posting the truth.

It will come out some way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm just a bit paranoid that people are slowing down after the announcement, which is exactly what AP wants.. and it gives them more time to cover their tracks.
I'm confident you guys are sitting on some more damning evidence, but I can't help but feel that there's so much more out there and we're only knee-deep.

Thanks for all the time you've put in this <3
Old 10-19-2007, 05:32 AM

Hi everyone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Usually don't come on this site, usually just read neverwinpoker. ANyways I must say Mark Seif is getting off this whole thing a bit too easy and I will show you all why. I did some research that might leave him squirming a bit

So on the 11th of Feb 2006, Mark got in this big chat tiff with a bunch of high limit players. One of them was STUCKINPGH who copied and pasted a lot of the chat to neverwinpoker......

http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/...howtopic=14438

So then 4 days later Mark is playing again and STUCKINPGH is there. So guess what, Mark is miffed about Stuck posting the last chat and making him look bad. So they get into a big fight about it and Mark is real angry....

http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/...howtopic=14644

Now later that same day Mark plays against Stuck heads up. No doubt bad blood between the two! So then that is when Stuck gets ahead of Mark and Mark suddenly says he will take him down, leaves and comes back, and then can't lose a hand....

http://www.internettexasholdem.com/phpbb...as-vt34808.html

Notice the dates of all 3 posts, very interesting huh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread