Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-12-2007, 02:08 PM

Default My Neteller account has been hacked.. need advice

Came home from school today, sat down by my laptop and logged in on MSN. Right awah I get a email from the neteller support that my $600 transfer has been approved !!!

I logged in to my neteller account and found four that four transfers had been made to empty my account. Two transfers to a neteller merchant called Multipurpose and one called Agrisolutions Limited. Immediatly call the Neteller VIP support and freezes my account leaving the huge amount of $2 that is left in my account.

The VIP representitve tells me that no one of the investigation team is at work yet, but will be in four ours. He will email them and he also tells me to do so. I ask if nothing can be made right away so the money they stole stays were its at, but only the investigatione team can take any action I get told.

After five ours and no contact been made I call them again and now they tell me that no one from the ivestigation team will work today because its holliday in Canada. I try to get a hold of a manager or someone who can help me but nobody can except the missing team.

They tell me now that I can try to contact the Mercants and explain my situaion. Of course I ask if Neteller can do that so that the issue is taken seriously but of course only the investigation team can do that. I can even get an email, domain adress on the Neteller merchants involved.

Right now I have to wait 22 hours until the correct people starts working at Neteller and by that my money will be veeeeery long gone.

Anyone got suggestions? Feeling kinda desperate.

// jojje
Old 11-12-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: My Neteller account has been hacked.. need advice

Wrong forum...

also, you're probably screwed.

IMO.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:45 PM

What forum then?
Old 11-12-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong forum...

also, you're probably screwed.

IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

take it BBV
Old 11-12-2007, 03:38 PM

you'll probably be waiting a while. Their customer service is terrible
Old 11-12-2007, 04:03 PM

I say this every time one of these threads pops up. Any one who continues to use (and therefore support) Neteller after how they handled their U.S. customers after the UIGEA deserves what they get. And on that note, I'm moving this to Internet Gambling.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:08 PM

Neteller works very well for its purpose, that is moving money between sites and to your bank account. But remember that it is nothing other than an e-wallet with lousy security. Your account ID and secure ID is sent to your e-mail in plain text upon registering, thats the only information a merchant need to move money from your account.

Do not keep more money on Neteller than you can stand to lose, it is no bank.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Neteller works very well for its purpose, that is moving money between sites and to your bank account. But remember that it is nothing other than an e-wallet with lousy security. Your account ID and secure ID is sent to your e-mail in plain text upon registering, thats the only information a merchant need to move money from your account.

Do not keep more money on Neteller than you can stand to lose, it is no bank.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree 100% with this. Don't keep your life savings on NETeller, it's just not worth the risk.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:05 PM

I was one of the fortunate ones who got all my money, and a fairly considerable amount, out of Neteller before they locked up on Americans. But I did leave a quarter there. Since I don't care about that quarter I have been ignoring and deleting all the settlement emails from them I have been getting. But if any of you eurotrash out there could use that quarter to rebuild your roll in the micro-stakes, then PM me for my Neteller account info and you're welcome to it. However I do require a contract entitling me to 10% of your gross winnings for the next 5 years. After all it will be *my quarter* that gets you jumpstarted again!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:46 PM

LMAO!!

I bet you get 10+ PM's in regards to that offer of the quarter!!

OP, you need to keep records of who you spoke to and times of your contact with neteller, as obviously this matter is out of your hands and if things do go bad at least you can present them with times and dates you tried to get action on the matter, but were ignored due to staff/national holidays.

I agree with the others though, it doesn;t look good.