Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - waiting on the statement ITT

I agree that people who have nothing of value to say here (including baseless speculation based on 'hunches') should just stay out.

Last night's thread got totally ruined by this. It got to the point while reading it this morning that I almost gave up, as every other post (probably more actually) was "what if... [baseless statement]" or "AP iz goingz down yo" etc etc.

Let's keep it open as an info line for those who have actual sources and relevant info to communicate with the rest of us. And those who think they have solid leads, PM a relevant party.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:36 PM

ok, EYME wins 150k seat on 10/17 then wins 150k 1 min ago.. only 2 tourneys ever played on AP

no superuser, great player... didnt watch much of FT
Old 10-20-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that people who have nothing of value to say here (including baseless speculation based on 'hunches') should just stay out.

Last night's thread got totally ruined by this. It got to the point while reading it this morning that I almost gave up, as every other post (probably more actually) was "what if... [baseless statement]" or "AP iz goingz down yo" etc etc.

Let's keep it open as an info line for those who have actual sources and relevant info to communicate with the rest of us. And those who think they have solid leads, PM a relevant party.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you strictly limited the posts to anyone that had evidence, how many posters do you think there would be? And how much attention would AP pay to them?
Old 10-20-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really wish people would stop looking for reasons to clumsily wedge in their one-liners

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically it wasn't a one-liner, but OK. I didn't think it was too funny myself. Maybe just the part about omaha sit and gos.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-This will not be the final statement, just the first one;

[/ QUOTE ]

So we can probably expect to see statements:
<ul type="square">[*]First-Sunday morning[*]Second-Monday morning[*]Third-?????[*]Final-?????[/list]
Amirite?

gg

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really wish people would stop looking for reasons to clumsily wedge in their one-liners

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically it wasn't a one-liner, but OK. I didn't think it was too funny myself. Maybe just the part about omaha sit and gos.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it hurts too much to maintain a sense of humor, as long as it is relevant to the topic and not overwhelming.

If you strictly limited the posts to anyone that had evidence, how many posters do you think there would be? And how much attention would AP pay to them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with Cruz. The reason this thing has gotten so big is largely due to the number of unique posts that have been generated.

If only the "guys in the know" were posting we wouldn't know nearly as much as we do.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, EYME wins 150k seat on 10/17 then wins 150k 1 min ago.. only 2 tourneys ever played on AP

no superuser, great player... didnt watch much of FT

[/ QUOTE ]

Or perhaps, a more skillful superuser [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with Cruz. The reason this thing has gotten so big is largely due to the number of unique posts that have been generated.

If only the "guys in the know" were posting we wouldn't know nearly as much as we do.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong, IHUCY
Old 10-20-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong, IHUCY

[/ QUOTE ]
How?
Closed Thread