Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Over/Under 18.5 Democratic pickups on Nov.7th?
Under 2 16.67%
Over 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: *** Official NY Mets Our OFFSEASON Has Come Thread ***

Can we laugh hysterically now when the Mets put a bid in for Kosuke Fukudome?
Old 11-30-2007, 06:25 PM

This sucks. WTF is with Omar's fascination with mediocre catchers?
Old 11-30-2007, 06:26 PM

y not?? getting Fukudome will mean even less playing time for chavez and y would we possibly want chavez in the lineup??
Old 11-30-2007, 06:32 PM

Nobody even recalls that it was just about two seasons ago when the Nationals considered Ryan Church to be a clubhouse cancer.

My recollection is that he got sent down in late spring (like around May or June) not because he wasn't performing but because his religious zealotry had so aggravated his teammates that the team decided to send him a message. I wonder if anyone else recalls that.

In Church's defense, I did not hear anything about this continuing to be a problem last year.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:35 PM

mets don't like lastings. they are competing now. church = everyday corner OF with great D and solid bat. Above average regular. Cheap. That has a lot of value because they can depend on that... and they obviously don't think they can depend on Milledge

And since they know Alou is gonna get hurt that means Gomez is gonna be ni the lineup. They probably were not comfortable with Gomez and Milledge in the lineup at the same time. That's to be understood.

And now their D is off the charts.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They probably were not comfortable with Gomez and Milledge in the lineup at the same time. That's to be understood.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious how many Met fans thought on opening day our roster was going to consist of both of those players? I should have done a poll after the season to see how many people thought they would.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grade Minaya's major trades since becoming GM after the 2004 season:

1. 11/18/2005 Acquired INF/OF Xavier Nady from the San Diego Padres in exchange for OF Mike Cameron.

I liked Nady but I take Cameron over him anyday of the week. We all know why the trade was made though.

Bad

2. 11/24/2005 Obtained 1B Carlos Delgado and cash from the Marlins for 1B Mike Jacobs, RHP Yusmeiro Petit and INF Grant Psomas.

Very Good

3. 12/5/2005 Acquired C Paul Lo Duca from the Marlins for two players to be named (Dante Brinkley & Gaby Hernandez).

Excellent

4. 1/4/2006 Acquired RHP Duaner Sanchez and RHP Steve Schmoll from the Dodgers in exchange for RHP Jae Seo and LHP Tim Hamulack.

Great (even if Sanchez does not pitch again!)

5. 1/21/2006 Acquired RHP Jorge Julio and RHP John Maine from the Orioles in exchange for RHP Kris Benson.

Great (I personally hated the trade at that time)

6. 5/24/2006 Acquired RHP Orlando Hernandez from the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for RHP Jorge Julio.

Great

7. 7/31/2006 Acquired RHP Roberto Hernandez and LHP Oliver Perez from the Pittsburgh Pirates in exchange for OF Xavier Nady.

Excellent

8. 11/15/2006 Acquired OF Ben Johnson and RHP Jon Adkins from the San Diego Padres in exchange for RHP Heath Bell and LHP Royce Ring.

Terrible

9. 11/20/2006 Acquired LHP Jason Vargas and LHP Adam Bostick from the Florida Marlins in exchange for RHP Henry Owens and RHP Matt Lindstrom.

Terrible

10. 12/6/2006 Acquired RHP Ambiorix Burgos in exchange for RHP Brian Bannister from the Kansas City Royals.

Terrible (did not think so at the time). Now where is the gun

11. 7/30/2007 Acquired 2B Luis Castillo from the Twins in exchange for nonroster C Drew Butera and nonroster OF Dustin Martin.

Good.

12. 11/20/2007 Acquired C Johnny Estrada from the Brewers in exchange for RHP Guillermo Mota.

Who cares

13. 11/30/2007 Acquired RF Ryan Church and C Brian Schneider from the Washington Nationals in exchange for Lastings Milledge.
I'm pretty pissed right now. Can't judge clearly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They probably were not comfortable with Gomez and Milledge in the lineup at the same time. That's to be understood.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious how many Met fans thought on opening day our roster was going to consist of both of those players? I should have done a poll after the season to see how many people thought they would.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Moises Alou can't make it past 100 games... So Gomez is going to be in the lineup for about half the season. Seriously dude, think of scenarios before you post.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Moises Alou can't make it past 100 games... So Gomez is going to be in the lineup for about half the season. Seriously dude, think of scenarios before you post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vyse,

Barring injuries to outfielders in spring trading there is no way the Mets were going to have both Milledge and Gomez on the 25 man roster for opening day. Not with Chavez, Easley and Anderson already on the bench. Right or wrong they would have sent Gomez down to New Orleans to get his at bats, which is the same thing they did with Milledge the last couple of seasons.

Think before you post.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was assuming that one of them would have been traded this offseason. How did you not get that and why the personal attack? Obviously I know Alou isn't going to be out there all that often. What the hell man? I know I'm a moron and know even less when it comes to baseball than football but christ I'm not a complete idiot. I, in my heart of hearts, did not really believe that Milledge and Gomez would be on the opening day roster, I think the majority of Met fans felt this way, especially after how last season ended.

Edit: or what White said, eh, maybe i really have no idea whats going on, lol.