Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Best website to get a U.S. passport?

Google brings me a lot of websites where I can get a passport in just a couple days or a couple of weeks depending on what price I want to pay. Anyone have experience with any of them so I don't get ripped off? Thanks.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:42 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost
Default Re: Best website to get a U.S. passport?

Why can't you just go down to your local post office? I'm sure they can do it in less than a couple of weeks, and I hear there are special offers that will get it to you in a couple days.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:49 PM

Supposedly getting a passport in the U.S. is really slow right now. I had a friend wait eleven weeks for hers back in the summer before she went to Europe.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:33 AM

Pay the rush fee, Then if you really need it, call your state representative and they will be able to get it for you in less than a week if you have a reservation overseas.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:29 PM

Mine took around 2 weeks with expedited service. I placed the application during the middle of the third week of August. It was finished and shipped overnight on September 1st. It did not actually arrive until around the 7th of September which might have just been a USPS issue.

I don't see why you would go through a third party to get a passport. It's a government document and I believe you have no choice but to go to the post office if you are getting a passport for the first time. Third parties just add fees and privacy concerns, especially since you have to ship your birth certificate to the State Department when you first apply (you get it back).
Old 11-28-2007, 01:28 AM

Couple Q's for a Passport :

1)I see on a Passport website that it says to bring 2 photos. Do you still need to bring photos if they are taken onsite?

2)Everywhere I looked up around me said by appointment only. I can't exactly make an appointment because the hours were all 9-3, when I'm at work. I hope to get to a PO sometime during downtime at work. Will a PO take a walkin?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:47 AM

look you can get the form at the p.o. or print it off the internet. send in two photos and the fee and in two weeks you have your passport. they are all caught up right now. just make sure you fill it out exactly right.