Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: What makes you annoying?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2.) When people are in a conversation where they’re all in general agreement about a subject I don’t really care about, I often take the other side just for the sake of argument. Instead of allowing them to enjoy their personal conversation, I derail it so they are instead arguing with me. I do this for sport, and genuinely respect those who out-argue me. I’m guessing they don’t have the same respect for me, especially those find this habit intimidating (a few) or tiresome (most).

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I do with a large portion of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat: paragraph of meaningless ramblings could've been replaced by "I like to play devil's advocate."

[/ QUOTE ]
If "meaninglessly holding your attention" wasn't hit goal, he wouldn't be doing this in the first place.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. I care much less about birthdays (both my own and other people's) than the average person. Unless the person in question is a young child, i don't make a big thing about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know your pain. I once forgot my own birthday. This was before I drank, mind you. Woohoo, I made it 365 days without killing myself! Big 'Who Cares?'!

[/ QUOTE ]
You clearly don't challenge your own life expectancy enough.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:52 AM

Is this the thread where I ask for a custom title?
Old 11-25-2007, 03:22 AM

Alcohol
Old 11-25-2007, 04:47 AM

Trey--

1) I mumble. It's pretty severe. It impedes conversation and just generally makes things tougher for people around me (and me too).

2) I have this nervous habit where I twirl a pen pretty much any time one is in my hand. (And I like to have a pen on me whenever I'm reading, which is very often, and most of the rest of the time I'm in class.) Anyway, I also suck at this activity, and am constantly dropping the pen. This annoys even me, but I can't stop. I'm thinking of buying mittens and wearing them everywhere until I break the habit.

3) Sometimes during a conversation I take these long pauses because I get obsessed with finding exactly the right word or phrase. Often this happens even long after I have a workable substitute in mind. So things just stop as I sit there with a dopey look on my face.

4) When I'm with someone or in a group, I often literally cannot generate preferences in many common situations. Thus the other person or people end up having to decide stuff. Unless they know me well, this also causes second-order annoyances of their worrying that they're imposing on me (and related obvious social stuff). But really I just cannot bring myself to care about the relevant stuff, and when I suspect that others might have significant preferences it causes some psychic trigger that makes even any slight preferences I would otherwise be able to muster totally unavailable.

5) My hearing is well below average. I have to ask people to repeat themselves often. Often I can easily figure out what they said within a second, but I can't keep myself from interjecting before that realization hits.

--Nate
Old 11-25-2007, 05:08 AM

Wow, Nate, you are awesome.

I'm not kidding either. Your post RAPES.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Trey--

1) I mumble. It's pretty severe. It impedes conversation and just generally makes things tougher for people around me (and me too).

2) I have this nervous habit where I twirl a pen pretty much any time one is in my hand. (And I like to have a pen on me whenever I'm reading, which is very often, and most of the rest of the time I'm in class.) Anyway, I also suck at this activity, and am constantly dropping the pen. This annoys even me, but I can't stop. I'm thinking of buying mittens and wearing them everywhere until I break the habit.

3) Sometimes during a conversation I take these long pauses because I get obsessed with finding exactly the right word or phrase. Often this happens even long after I have a workable substitute in mind. So things just stop as I sit there with a dopey look on my face.

4) When I'm with someone or in a group, I often literally cannot generate preferences in many common situations. Thus the other person or people end up having to decide stuff. Unless they know me well, this also causes second-order annoyances of their worrying that they're imposing on me (and related obvious social stuff). But really I just cannot bring myself to care about the relevant stuff, and when I suspect that others might have significant preferences it causes some psychic trigger that makes even any slight preferences I would otherwise be able to muster totally unavailable.

5) My hearing is well below average. I have to ask people to repeat themselves often. Often I can easily figure out what they said within a second, but I can't keep myself from interjecting before that realization hits.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

solid post
Old 11-25-2007, 05:19 AM

lol nate, solid stuff
Old 11-25-2007, 05:26 AM

i'm a loud talker - i can whisper, or i can basically yell, i have to actively think about talking at any volume in between

i'm a terrible listener - i have to ask people to repeat themselves multiple times just because i just stop paying attention halfway through. i also stop listening right after i've asked them to repeat themselves for the second or third time, i just can't help it.

i'm beyond horrible with names - for example, i study with a group of 5 or 6 people for a particular class i know one of their names, i couldn't even guess the names of the rest of them. if i need to remember a name (to find a girl on facebook, ldo) i have to write it down, otherwise i'll forget it.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:27 AM

Vyse, JokersAttack--

Thanks. Strange thing to be getting compliments about, but thanks.

--Nate