Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: ROCK THE BELLS 7/29 - TR

[ QUOTE ]
newsflash: white people like rap

newsflash: black people dont listen to underground rap

[/ QUOTE ]
What was it about my post that made you think I didn't know either or both of these things?

FWIW, I would have loved to go to this. I am also incredibly white.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:28 PM

i got a call at the last minute to go to the sunday show for free, i got there in time for wu-tang and rage. i really didn't think wu-tang killed it at all and i'm a big fan. a couple of songs were sick but in general it sounded kinda ragged to me and i was pissed ghost wasn't there obv. overall very disappointing.

i also hate huge crowds and not only was this thing like 90% white high schoolers as somebody mentioned, but it was basically like a douchenozzle yard sale, you had your roided up frat boy dicklickers, your retarded westchester high school gangstas, your idiot upstate hillbillies that were just there for rage and boo'd every other act, etc.

by the time we got there it was totally filthy, there was [censored] everywhere and it smelled like a potent mix of piss and garbage, and people were just pushing up against us or past us while wu played trying to get closer to the front, getting all huffy when i didn't step out of their way, like it's my duty to make room for you because you had to go pound five amstel lights during the set change and you still want to stand in the front and grope chicks who crowdsurf and boo all the rap acts so you can see rage. wtf.

rage of course killed it and sounded awesome, they played a lot of stuff off the first two albums which i appreciated, especially early in the set. i tried to take some videos with my phone but i was so close that they just sound terrible, if anybody is good with that kind of thing i can send them to you but i doubt it will do any good. i was really hoping for them to bring out chuck d or somebody from wu tang for the encore but they didn't. only really great song that i was hoping for but didn't hear was 'wake up.'

overall rage was awesome but i'm glad i didn't pay for it, probably because i'm just such a cynic and a cranky old bastard that i hate this kind of huge show no matter what. i think wu-tang would have been more fun in a different setting too.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think wu-tang would have been more fun in a different setting too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw Wu Tang in Worcester two years ago, in the Palladium which holds <1000 people, and it was much much better than the time I saw them at a huge venue.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Antrhax (who I've never heard and don't like at all

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you came to the show w/ an open mind.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:38 PM

Glad to hear the good reports for my boy MF DOOM (remember, ALL CAPS!) I hope there's some vid out there.

And for those wondering, I'd venture that 90% of all hip hop shows are 90% white.

Black people are poor.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most Atmosphere fans would strong disagree.

Lucy Ford > Overcast >>> God Loves Ugly > You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having >>> 7's Travels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I'm really partial to 'Between the Lines' on Lucy Ford, I still like God Loves Ugly more. IMO, it features some of Ant's best producing, most notibly 'Shrapnel'.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:24 PM

atmosphere sucks balls and i'm glad i didn't see them
Old 07-30-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*sigh*

I'm so retarded for not going to this. Also...

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody recommend me some Atmosphere albums to buy from Itunes cause this guy absolutely killed it on stage with Murs, one of the only other underground guys I listen to.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really can't go wrong with any of Atmosphere's albums, but 'God Loves Ugly' is my personal favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most Atmosphere fans would strong disagree.

Lucy Ford > Overcast >>> God Loves Ugly > You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We're Having >>> 7's Travels.

There's a ton of b-side stuff, mostly under the heading of Sad Clown Bad Dub (insert various numbers here). The newest one is Sad Clown Bad Summer.

Buy their stuff here: http://www.fifthelementonline.com/ (this is Slug's record store)

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't miss out on "Trying to find a Balance". The rest of 7's travels sucks though.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:57 PM

wish i had seen you mikey ,was there....for me it was like

rage, cypress, wu tang , pe

didn't catch the small stage at all and guess i missed out on some stuff.

for rage i was 30---12 rows deep and it was relatively safe. i saw rage at woodstock in 2k and was 3 rows from stage and that was the only time i ever feltreally unsafe at a show.
The feeling of being pressed from the front and the back and just moving your feet to stay upright really is terrifying.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
or rage i was 30---12 rows deep and it was relatively safe. i saw rage at woodstock in 2k and was 3 rows from stage and that was the only time i ever feltreally unsafe at a show.
The feeling of being pressed from the front and the back and just moving your feet to stay upright really is terrifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was as bad right at the front as i've seen it, i stuck around through 6 songs or so and then surfed over the fence and walked to the back. it's really not that great being all the way at the front in a venue this huge, because they're still pretty freakin far away and it's so ridic loud