Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: How to play suited connectors pre-flop?

Back to the original question concerning SC's

"Do you play SC's to a 3-bet when there will be 3 going to the flop or only if there is 4 going to the flop? What I am thinking now is since 90% of the time there is a continuation bet on the flop after a 3-bet with 3 going to the flop, I will need a strong heads-up hand AK-AJ, AA-TT to decide if I am going play the hand any further - not SC's. "
Old 05-15-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Do you play SC's to a 3-bet when there will be 3 going to the flop or only if there is 4 going to the flop? What I am thinking now is since 90% of the time there is a continuation bet on the flop after a 3-bet with 3 going to the flop, I will need a strong heads-up hand AK-AJ, AA-TT to decide if I am going play the hand any further - not SC's. "

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is happening a lot, then I suspect you're attempting to steal too much. I think you should call in position three handed. If you're not going to call the three bet, I think you're better off stealing with complete garbage and limping with your connectors.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:32 PM

It seems like when you call with your SC in this situation you are looking to hit the flop good and win a big pot? Thats the feeling I get when I read your post. Also seems like you are check/folding a lot too in these situations correct?

I don't think there is a ton of value from your SC in this situation. When it is 3bet and you got another caller you are obviously way behind and need to hit your flop hard to have a chance to win the hand. I think I would just fold my hand in this situation. You aren't hitting the flop enough to justify this call. Not only that but your SC make the most money when they are in position. Given that you aren't you have the worst of it. The button is going to make the most money from you when you miss the flop (alot of the times) and he CBets and gets you two to fold. When you do hit he gets to see your actions and react to them last where he can get away from impending big bets when he doesn't have a big hand (which is a lot of the time too).
Old 05-15-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do - and I will occasionally call HU with the intent of making a play (versus the right player).

Lucky
Old 05-15-2007, 01:02 PM

i rarely cold call scs to a raise pf.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:05 PM

DawnToDusk, awesome reply. I completely agree with your reasoning. Thanks for the insight.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:34 PM

Haha. No problem. Now if I could play as good as I post then that would be equally awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]