Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Cardrooms in the Los Angeles area?

Hi, I live in West LA, so the only cardroom I've visited is Hollywood Park. I am wanting to venture out a bit and try some of the other cardrooms, so I was wondering if anyone had recommendations? I play low buy in NLHE, usually 1/2 and sometimes 2/3.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Cardrooms in the Los Angeles area?

Is this a joke post? Seems like a rhetorical question to see who is stupid enough to answer it. Even if legit you cant tell me you haven't beat this question to death at the tables of HP already!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:55 AM

Commerce, the Bike or Hustler.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Commerce, the Bike or Hustler.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't forget normandie, crystal park and Hawaiian gardens
Old 11-20-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I live in West LA, so the only cardroom I've visited is Hollywood Park. I am wanting to venture out a bit and try some of the other cardrooms, so I was wondering if anyone had recommendations? I play low buy in NLHE, usually 1/2 and sometimes 2/3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adding on the Bike also has 1/3 with a 80 buy that seems to have good action. Oddly the Bike's 2/3 with a 100 buy is fully comped for food while the 80 buy game isn't.

But if you want to play as low as 1/2 with the $40 fixed buy and like a youthful party atmosphere consider Hawaiian Gardens. They put that section directly behind the bar and it seems to be packed with action and fun most of the time but especially at night. For example, last night (Monday, which should be slow) around midnight all twenty tables behind the bar ware going (they spread out to the corridors on the weekends). If you bring a friend on a budget you can even play 1/1 blinds with a $20 fixed buy! Purists think these structures are sick but stacks grow as the re-buys flow like beer at a frat party.

Of course this is just my observation based on one play to avoid driving in the fog late on a Friday night when the bars let out and several trips to the HG bar where I was the one in a fog [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick