Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Massive Turnover in Caesars Palace Staff?

[ QUOTE ]
Brandon (who ran the noon tourneys a while back), gone. Cindy, gone. TJ, gone. Bonnie, gone. Chris T., sucked it up, got his promotion, and ran to China to do some very interesting things.

Jason, who was brought in recently from Harrah's to be the TD, canned. A buddy of his who was brought in, canned.

[/ QUOTE ]That'd be Rich, who also recently left Harrah's to join Jason at CP
[ QUOTE ]
All that's left from the original floor personel, from what I can tell, from when the room opened is Jed and Bill.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bill is obviously a survivor. He's been around forever and also moved over from Harrah's. Jed is not an original, I don't think...he joined CP from IP after a WSOP.

But yeah, you just named all the floor people at CP that I know and like. At least there are a couple survivors.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:04 AM

Wow, any idea where Brandon and or TJ have landed?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:29 PM

Maybe if Jason & Rich weren't scamming the "2nd chance drawings", they'd still be there.

Maybe if TJ wasn't taking bribes and a $500 juice payment juice to keep his mouth shut, maybe he'd still be there as well.

Maybe if Dwight didn't play favorites and treat certain people like [censored], such as throwing gum wrappers at dealers in the box, he'd still be there.

Maybe if dealers such as Vester (one of the only nice old timers there), didn't refuse to say "Hail Caesar" at one of the buzz sessions, he wouldn't have gotten written up and gotten on Jim Pedulla's shitlist.

Maybe if certain cashiers such as Terry and Gina weren't stealing the dealer tournament tokes, maybe they wouldn't have gotten fired as well.

Maybe if Caesars didn't have their nazi-like box variation point policy, the games would run a bit smoother instead of going through a hassle when there's a $1 overage/shortage for the table bank.

Maybe if all tourney downs were recorded, instead of sometimes forgotten about when it gets time to get paid weekly for all tourney downs dealt, there wouldn't be so much frustration in the room.

Maybe if floor wasn't keeping 30% of the dealer's downs, the employees outlooks would be a bit brighter.

And maybe if Jim Pedulla didn't feel like he was the 2nd incarnation of Adolph Hitler, the room would be a better place for all.

But wtf do I know, someone like me has less than 100 posts here so you can all just ignore this post.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if Jason & Rich weren't scamming the "2nd chance drawings", they'd still be there.

Maybe if TJ wasn't taking bribes and a $500 juice payment juice to keep his mouth shut, maybe he'd still be there as well.

Maybe if Dwight didn't play favorites and treat certain people like [censored], such as throwing gum wrappers at dealers in the box, he'd still be there.

Maybe if dealers such as Vester (one of the only nice old timers there), didn't refuse to say "Hail Caesar" at one of the buzz sessions, he wouldn't have gotten written up and gotten on Jim Pedulla's shitlist.

Maybe if certain cashiers such as Terry and Gina weren't stealing the dealer tournament tokes, maybe they wouldn't have gotten fired as well.

Maybe if Caesars didn't have their nazi-like box variation point policy, the games would run a bit smoother instead of going through a hassle when there's a $1 overage/shortage for the table bank.

Maybe if all tourney downs were recorded, instead of sometimes forgotten about when it gets time to get paid weekly for all tourney downs dealt, there wouldn't be so much frustration in the room.

Maybe if floor wasn't keeping 30% of the dealer's downs, the employees outlooks would be a bit brighter.

And maybe if Jim Pedulla didn't feel like he was the 2nd incarnation of Adolph Hitler, the room would be a better place for all.

But wtf do I know, someone like me has less than 100 posts here so you can all just ignore this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why ignore? This is juuuuuicy.

Ladies and gents, the Caesars Palace Poker Room - it's FAAAAAAAAAAAAN-TASTIC!

Can you elaborate on the TJ thing, though? (Likely in PM). Bribes? Keeping his mouth shut? For what?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:03 PM

All hail Ceaser
Old 11-14-2007, 06:04 PM

Thanks for all the crappy break in dealers on the time games.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why ignore? This is juuuuuicy.

Ladies and gents, the Caesars Palace Poker Room - it's FAAAAAAAAAAAAN-TASTIC!

Can you elaborate on the TJ thing, though? (Likely in PM). Bribes? Keeping his mouth shut? For what?

[/ QUOTE ]

F*ck PM's.

Bribes as in pay me to get a good spot in the lineup. (Think back to the Miami Heat/Lisandro incident at Caesars a few months back.) The 2nd night that game took place, there were dealers that dealt a full 8 hour shift that didn't even deal that game once- and there were only about 4 live games in the room that night. TJ would reroute people's lineups just so they wouldn't deal that game- regardless of whether they broke a table or not. Why did they get rerouted? Because they didn't juice him the night before.

But the clincher is this-
Jason & Rich used to be roommates. (maybe they still are?) Anyway, one day, when the 2nd chance drawing was pretty high (over $2k), for some reason, Jason Halperin (the main TD) decided to call the name for the 2nd chance drawing- something usually done by either the board ops or the floor for the main room. Well guess who was called? Rich. And this was before Rich even worked there. Coincidence? Definitely possible- until TJ (who was floor that night) inquired about Jason calling the winning name, and it happening to be Jason's roommate. So a few hundred went into TJ's pocket to keep his mouth shut, and all was well. Until one of the many pissed off Caesars employees dropped a dime on all of them a few months later.

Karma is a bitch. And Jim Pedulla will be the next one to realize that.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the crappy break in dealers on the time games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any complaints regarding their "crappy break in dealers on the time games" should be posted on the following link-
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/ne...oom&page=0
Old 11-14-2007, 06:55 PM

Very interesting........
For the record I always liked TJ, but it sounds like some sh*t was going down, for sure. What is your involvement in this whole ordeal?
Old 11-14-2007, 06:56 PM

Oh, and one other thing regarding everyone loving TJ and thinking he was the best and a great floorman-

He couldn't even pass his original dealers audition. Just what we all want- a floorman that doesn't even know how to deal. Similar to Jim Pedulla. A cardroom manager that couldn't even tell you what a qualifier is in an 8 or better game.