Old 11-11-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

[ QUOTE ]
No, I am Native Alaskan in 4 generations

[/ QUOTE ]

very funny dutchman
Old 11-11-2007, 12:52 PM

I hate when you're using SAGE and your opponent keeps coming up with hands. First, I pushed with K3o when he had only 4 BBs left, and he called with QQ and doubled up. A few hands later, I push with Q7o when he has 7 BBs and he calls with A7o and wins. After that chip stacks are pretty even going into the 75/150 blind level and after a few hands, he knocked me out when I pushed K8s with 8 BBs and he called with 88. I hate HU.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:38 PM

that's exacly why I feel like switching to 20-man table and ultra-rock it
Variance in HU skyrocks
Old 11-11-2007, 02:24 PM

I am about to play in the Sunday 100k because I free-rolled it. Please hate.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate when you're using SAGE and your opponent keeps coming up with hands. First, I pushed with K3o when he had only 4 BBs left, and he called with QQ and doubled up. A few hands later, I push with Q7o when he has 7 BBs and he calls with A7o and wins. After that chip stacks are pretty even going into the 75/150 blind level and after a few hands, he knocked me out when I pushed K8s with 8 BBs and he called with 88. I hate HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

These areas are one of the few areas where I think you can understand that variance is equal in the long run. You get it in good so many times in other games compared to not getting it in good, that it's often hard to tell if you're "running ok" and it leads people to believe (insert site) is rigged.

The combination of understanding fold equity/shoving more hands than a lot of villains (therefore being closer to even equity on avg. when called) and it being easier on a whole for a lot of players to play decently (play aggressive/call less than you shove) really seems to even out the "bad beats" for both sides.

That being said, it does suck to lose like 4 hands in a row where they keep showing up with monsters that hold, but I can definitely recall games recently where I've won a few more than my share of flips.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:39 PM

Yeah, I've certainly gotten lucky in my fair share of hands during SAGE. I just find it frustrating when SAGE is telling me to push something like Q7o and I end up running into a strong hand, or even a marginal one like K2o. But, I know the strategy isn't exploitable, so being able to keep that in mind helps a lot.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:56 PM

SAGE at it's best:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t2920)
Button (t80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t80</font>, Hero calls t30.

Flop: (t160) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t160) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t160) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t160

Hero has 5h 7h (one pair, sevens).
Button has 7c 3d (one pair, sevens).

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t2920)
BB (t80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t750</font>, BB calls t30 (All-In).

Flop: (t830) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t830) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t830) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t160

BB has Qd Tc (straight, ten high).
Hero has 4s Jh (one pair, fours).

Hero (t2840)
Button (t160)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t160</font>, Hero calls t110.

Flop: (t320) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t320) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t320) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t320

Hero has 2c Qs (two pair, sevens and fours).
Button has Ts 2s (two pair, sevens and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins t160. Button wins t160.

Even the villain was cursing in the chat-box.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:06 PM

If anybody would be so kind as to trade me Party/Neteller/Paypal transfer to Tourney Manager for my Stars money I would be appreciative. Shoot me a PM if you can do this, ty.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:52 PM

Bump for halftime crowd.

Getting crushed today, should be nice to get TM and look at the graphical mountains.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:17 PM

I am up for the month! Finally.

A few thoughts:

I have decided to turn my attention back to turbos, playing so many reg speeds was killing my brain. I am unable to concentrate after 60 hands. There is really no difference as far as I can tell, just that the decisions happen sooner. Now instead of burning out after 20 games, I can last for 30 games. The other reason is because of ROI. The ROI is 50% higher in comparable win-rates. I was leaving way too much money on the table.

Am I the only one who goes to coffee shops and orders nothing but tea?

I know that it "looks" healthier, but when I am eating about 15 packs of sugar a night... A serious question: is "sugar in the raw" healthier than regular sugar?