Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 10:33 PM

Default 100NL When to C/R ai on turn??

I was just thinking about a few hands i played recently, which brought me to think about when to use a c/r ai on the turn. I am talking about when you are the pfr.

What kind of hand are you putting villain on to assume that a c/r ai is a better line to extract money out of him than leading out on both turn and river.

For me this breaks down into 2 different scenarios(at all times i am assuming you have a hand u want to felt):

1) on a A/K high board when u have raised pf and got a call on flop.if u put him on a draw to you c/r or lead again making sure that you charge him for his draw??

LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $100.50
BTN: $95.35
Hero (SB): $94.20
BB: $68.40
UTG: $20.55
UTG+1: $99.15
MP1: $56.35
MP2: $57.60

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $1, 3 folds, BTN calls $1, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $4, BTN calls $4

Flop: ($16) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, UTG+1 folds, BTN calls $12

Turn: ($40) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero????

<font color="black"> </font>

i have specifically left out reads(espeicially AF) as i would prefer it to be a general disscussion

2) a non scary looking board for villain, where you have either an overpair or better and want to try and stack him off.

LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $49.50
UTG+1: $100
Hero (MP1): $99.50
MP2: $141.60
CO: $35.30
BTN: $108.70
SB: $95.50
BB: $129.05

Pre-Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP1)
2 folds, UTG+1 calls $1, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, MP2 calls $4, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls $3

Flop: ($13) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, MP2 calls $10, UTG+1 folds

Turn: ($33) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero ????

i know this seems a bit vague but i am not sure how else to break down the scenarios without getting way too specific. <font color="black"> </font> <font color="black"> </font> <font color="black"> </font> <font color="black"> </font>
Old 10-24-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: When to C/R ai on turn??

Hand 1, just bet the turn for $30-34 and shove river.

You don't want to have draws or A-x check behind.

Hand 2, I probably make a smaller bet (around $20) because you have flushes drawing dead, and want to induce a call from them.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:09 PM

im betting hand 1 almost always (~$33) as the board is drawwy, and there is a lot of value to b had here

im betting hand 2 almost always as well. want to get value off draws. and i think PPs will call here as well. no leaving value on the table
Old 10-24-2007, 11:12 PM

I'd bet both of these hands. As for crai I think it is usually better done with an overpair (or at least there are more good opportunities to do it with an overpair) because having it check through isn't as bad as when you have a hand that it is essential to get 100 BB in with.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:21 AM

i think its better to find people to CRAI instead of situations. for example, there are a couple of players i have notes on that almost always bet big on the turn after i raise pre and c-bet and they call the flop heads up. hand 1 strikes me as a good play against these players, because after a turn pot bet they are pretty committed and may be calling with crap like a flush draw, or even worse depending on your image. theres certain players im sure would see a CRAI as a semi-bluff from me on hand 1 and could be calling with pretty marginal hands. i think in hand two you have to lead out though, i almost never CRAI there unless im playing a terrible player who will stack off with like 88 (again, player more important than situation)