UTG+1: $17
UTG+2: $145.25
MP1: $61.45
MP2: $128.65
CO: $98.25
BTN: $98.35
SB: $99.15
BB: $104.05

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, 2 folds, MP1 calls $3.50, 4 folds, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($11) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $22</font>, <font color="red">Hero ????

should i felt here. only have 150 hands on villain and he has an iron man tag so he plays everyday.

villain is 23/9/1.4 his af factor is low but i only have a small sample on him
Old 10-23-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: NL 100 - What to do with a SD??

I feel like this happens to be all the time, and I feel like I react horribly - I just call and re-evaluate. Usually, if I hit, I felt, if I miss, I fold. I am interested to hear the shove/fold debate, because there has to be a better thought process than mine...right?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:44 PM

just call. on this board, you have zero FE unless you're trying to rep KJ only.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:45 PM

Getting like 2.7:1 on your call plus a heart gives you a combo draw for a few more backdoor outs. Call.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:20 PM

Fold preflop. You will probably be a long-term loser with AJo UTG if you play at FR for a raise.

As played, this coordinated flop hit at least one of the 2 others in the pot, and you have 3 outs to the nuts (3 non-heart kings) that are likely to give someone else with a Jx a lower straight, so check the flop to see a free card. I'm not sure a cb with two others in the hand, one left to act behind you, is wise on this board with this hand.

I don't think you should push over the c/r. I doubt you have much fold equity because he likely has 2-pair or better, or a big combo-draw, which will mean that you are not going to have a positive expectation if all the money goes in on the flop. Calling to see if you can catch a non-heart king for $14 also seems like a bad idea. So, fold to the c/r.

Edit: I don't like a call because you end up committing to another big bet on any heart turn, especially a Kh, because you now have a draw to the nut flush. As a result, even if you improve your hand with a 3rd heart or a Kh (unless it is one of 3 non-heart kings), you will frequently be getting your money in bad. This hand has reverse implied odds written all over it. So, get out on the c/r.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:33 PM

Call flop in that situation. C/f turn if missed or c/c as long as you are getting good odds (which is doubtful).
Old 10-23-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. You will probably be a long-term loser with AJo UTG if you play at FR for a raise.

As played, this coordinated flop hit at least one of the 2 others in the pot, and you have 3 outs to the nuts (3 non-heart kings) that are likely to give someone else with a Jx a lower straight, so check the flop to see a free card. I'm not sure a cb with two others in the hand, one left to act behind you, is wise on this board with this hand.

I don't think you should push over the c/r. I doubt you have much fold equity because he likely has 2-pair or better, or a big combo-draw, which will mean that you are not going to have a positive expectation if all the money goes in on the flop. Calling to see if you can catch a non-heart king for $14 also seems like a bad idea. So, fold to the c/r.

Edit: I don't like a call because you end up committing to another big bet on any heart turn, especially a Kh, because you now have a draw to the nut flush. As a result, even if you improve your hand with a 3rd heart or a Kh (unless it is one of 3 non-heart kings), you will frequently be getting your money in bad. This hand has reverse implied odds written all over it. So, get out on the c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do normally fold pre but i felt like a raise in this situation.