Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: DEF
New ENGLAND vs. DET 6 85.71%
Tampa @ PIT 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2007, 04:41 AM

Default Re: I Need to Move Up To Where My Raises Get Respect...

[ QUOTE ]
ay caramba!

manana, yo voy a madrid! en espana!

tienen "holla" en espanol?

tal vez, he tamado demasiado cerveza esta n0che. pueden decir?

a mi me gusta cerveza.

de todos modos, digame....como puedo decir "my spanish is rusty" en espanol?

yo puedo decir, "mi espanol es oxido," pero no creo que [strike]esto[/strike] es corecto. digame tyler!

necesito hablar lentamente con los espanoles, especialmente las taxistas, si?

hasta[strike]n[/strike] luego[strike]s[/strike], los micros

holla

[/ QUOTE ]

ATE
(arregle' tu espan~ol)

idiomatic expressions are far from my strong suit, but you could try "mi espan~ol no sirve". the safe route would be just "mi espan~ol es bastante malo", which is what i usually use.

i have found that speaking with a heavy american accent will encourage people to slow down when they speak to you. if you can fake a good accent (as i can... sometimes... when i've been practicing), they will talk too fast even if you ask them to speak more slowly.

spaniards should be easier to understand than a lot of nationalities (cubans and puerto ricans are famously difficult, as are chileans and argentinians).

"olla" means cooking pot, so i guess you can say that to people.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:26 AM

t,

im rather pleased with my spanish skills given my intoxication levels last night.

off to madrid.

love,

j
Old 11-30-2007, 09:32 AM

This is the biggest pot I’ve ever seen (BB-wise) anywhere online with stakes higher than .05/.10, AINEC.
And it happened with the tightwads from PokerRoom (although I must admit this was a juicy table)…

PokerRoom – Fixed Limit - .25/.50 stakes – 9 handed

Preflop: Hero is in the Hijack with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, MP1 folds, <font color="red">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="blue">Hero coldcalls</font>, CO coldcalls, Button coldcalls, SB coolcalls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

I has pocket 9s and I’m seeing this flop no matter what, and these guys are loose enough to have several (cold)callers more…

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Pot: 15 SB – 7 handed)
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 coldcalls, <font color="red">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, CO folds, Button icecoldcalls, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

I has middle set, and you guys don’t scare me on this drawy board!

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot: 19.5 BB – 6 handed)
SB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB coldcalls, <font color="red">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

I has a full house, and you guys don’t have pocket tens, nor pocket sevens!

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot: 36.5 BB – 4 handed)
SB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Final pot: 42.5 BB

Results:
Hero shows 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG mucks 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP2 mucks 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I wins! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 10:08 AM

I was wandering about going for a bonus at at PR skin, I guess now I will [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Keep'em pocket nines a-coming.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wandering about going for a bonus at at PR skin, I guess now I will [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Keep'em pocket nines a-coming.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Frequent Player Points don’t add up all that quickly, since they only count the hands where you saw the flop, instead of the hands where you were dealt two cards. And they round it down to a tenth of a point each time.
At .25/.50 you’re going to need 15-20K hands to clear a 100$ bonus. That is SLOOOOOOW…
And that is their 50% deposit bonus increased with a 50% deposit bonus (with a 100$ max) from the 2+2 bonus program. Not that interesting. But it’s with 5 free 2+2 books! And that changes things…

Also table selection is hell there. .25/.50 is the lowest limit they have, and it’s crowded with multitabling tightwads. Good luck finding more than 1 or 2 tables where the VP$IP is above 30 (and stays that way for at least an hour)…
But there is the occasional VP$IP &gt;50 table that just got filled with fish. But the tightwads jump on those immediately, so you have to get there first… [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And that is their 50% deposit bonus increased with a 50% deposit bonus (with a 100$ max) from the 2+2 bonus program. Not that interesting. But it’s with 5 free 2+2 books! And that changes things…

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't think of five 2+2 books I want that I don't already own.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of five 2+2 books I want that I don't already own.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I’m just beginning to build my 2+2 library, so they come in handy for me...

SSHE and HEfAP were first on my list (took the 3 Poker Essays volumes as well), and now Theory of Poker and WITHEG are coming my way (together with WLLHE, GSiHE and Mathmatics of Poker).

Next are the NL-books...
I’m taking everything I can with the program... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 08:00 PM

I used to &lt;3 PokerRoom for FR &amp; here's why:

Old 11-30-2007, 08:26 PM

omg sick