Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Worst looks for guys that you see all the time

Wanted to chime in again.

For the most part I am okay with people wearing whatever. I don't necessarily think they're huge douchebags for wearing something goofy, but obviously I can think it "looks bad" on them.

That said, it does really bother me when someone shows up to a wedding or funeral in sweats and a hawaiian shirt or something. Looking out of place and drawing negative attention for some reason bothers me a bit.

But if it is just general public, shrug. The guy with the goofy hawkhair thing might look stupid, but I wouldn't think he was a douchebag necessarily. Takes all kinds.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:12 PM

The fashion things that bugs me the most, which aren't always fair, is somebody who:

1- just painfully conforming to the stereotype to the point where they might as well be wearing the uniform. This can be the goth kid, the frat guy, the hip-hop dude. If you're ever out with your friends and realize that you look like you're all memeber of the whatever club, stop.

2- anything that just yells out "I WOULD LIKE ATTENTION PLEASE". There's a fine line between being a legitimate "I don't give a [censored]" individual and being the guy who cut off half of his hair and has a shirt that say something naughty just to shock people.

3- Is a man rocking super tight cut pants like them emo kids do. The only reason girls do this is because we've mindfucked them into doing it in the names of staring at their asses. I can't imagine that girls dig checking out the denim encased ass of the 90 lb kid who is living on tofurky.

4- any hat that could not withstand a medium gust of wind.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:12 PM

I'm pretty much with you there, especially regarding the wedding. Women groove on being the center of attention at their wedding pretty rightfully, and you might as well hold it together and dress right for at least that one day in your relationship with the soon-to-be-married's.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:13 PM

wtf happened to this thread
Old 08-21-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My friend wears his short sleeved polos buttoned all the way up. Seen a few golfers do this as well. Looks odd to me. Is this common?

[/ QUOTE ]

More common than it should be. However, I think it can look pretty bad ass if it's Tiger Woods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Otherwise, no.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My friend wears his short sleeved polos buttoned all the way up. Seen a few golfers do this as well. Looks odd to me. Is this common?

[/ QUOTE ]

More common than it should be. However, I think it can look pretty bad ass if it's Tiger Woods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Otherwise, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends radically on the polo, and kinda yeah, you're going to have to have Tiger shoulders to pull this off.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:18 PM

oddly I agree with everything dids just posted which is a first.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:32 PM

here's a question. how many people are going to stop wearing somethign because of this thread? i'm thinking hardly any.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shorts are fine and can be stylish if you have the correct kind with the right shirt. All the haters are either non american or over 30 (except guids who always wears a tux with a 9mil in the pocket [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please post pics of "stylish" shorts. IMO, that is an oxymoron. Certainly, some shorts are more heinously ugly than others. Actually, I agree with whoever said earlier that "stylish" adult shorts are gayer and fuglier than ratty board shorts or whatever.
Shorts are functional and comfortable, but they aren't stylish, or cool, or grown-up looking. Then again, maybe my opinion here is skewed by my lack of NT-esque sculpted calves...
Old 08-21-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here's a question. how many people are going to stop wearing somethign because of this thread? i'm thinking hardly any.

[/ QUOTE ]

Recent events have caused me to look upon my jort collection with a great degree of distrust.