Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 02:15 PM

Default i got myself into a bad spot--- I have to shove now?

I have no reads on either villain---- however, the cold call really worries me, I was 9 tabling-- and i normally 6 table, so how I got into this mess I dunno, but I have to shove this flop right?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($48.50)
UTG ($74.05)
MP ($47.20)
CO ($23.80)
Hero ($69)
SB ($15.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $7.50, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $23.8</font>, Hero calls $15.80, UTG calls $15.80.

Flop: ($72.15) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero shoves?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: i got myself into a bad spot--- I have to shove now?

stupid stupid... um check and see what pot odds you're getting and induce a bluff from AK I guess? you don't have any FE that's fo sho.

edit: sorry did not realise that CO was AI pf. I think you prolly have to shove into the dry sidepot for protection or as a semibluff given UTGs strange play. You'll be shipping a stack to QQ+ reasonably often though.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:18 PM

Why? Why would you shove?! What do you beat that calls? What do you fold that beats you?! Shoving is sooo bad.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:24 PM

you ask why I would shove----- I only have 45 behind, its a math issue, assuming he doesnt have QJ---- im betting 45 to win 72---- or more if he calls, my equity is atleast 39% vs the 2 villains on this flop, I would assume its best to get my $ in now.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:26 PM

Jesus.. Your math does not make cards comes at your will. Save yourself 45.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:28 PM

I don't really understand checking.
The cut off is all in.
Your opponent check on a connected board,and didn't re-raise pre flop-very interesting.I guess that he either has AK/QQ or he either has a medium pair and is pretty crazy thinking that he has correct odds for sets.
I guess that given these information and such,you either check/fold if u don't hit the straight or consider to be haed.I really think you are anyway,and i don't see reason in let your opponent draw you out with AK.If he has a set he shouldn't be in the hand as called with bad odds.
Guess so,something like half ur stack is fine as a bet in my opinion.You still have correct odds if your opponent pushes you to draw for the straight.
Anyway,i think the right answer is folding/raising pre flop [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Rocco
Old 08-20-2007, 02:29 PM

utg's line is super weird---- i wasnt really expecting the all in to have much, ak/aq, so i think i called b/c I figured utg was dead $ in the pot, when he came along I was like wtf--- then he checks--- I mean I really don't think a shove is bad here.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:35 PM

I think calling preflop was the worst part of this hand, seeing as how the UTG just cold called twice, I would probably shove preflop, and if not, I don't see any harm in shoving this flop. I sure hope that anyone with AA here would not play it like this into a decently-large multi-way pot.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:03 PM

the call pre-flop is meh--- but i assume all in has akish and im getting better then 2-1, plus implied odds of utg coming along, when checked too on this flop i dont see how we cant shove.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:27 PM

When the shorty shoves pre-flop and you want to call him, I think shoving over the top to knock UTG out is much better than calling.

As played, you're a 34/66 dog to QQ+ (you're actually better off if he only has AA/KK), so given the size of the pot and your remaining stack, villain could show me his rockets and I'm still shoving the flop.

34% of the time you'll win $72.15 (pot) + $45.20 (his call) = +$39.90

66% of the time you'll lose $45.20 (your bet) = -$29.83

You're toast if he has exactly QJ, but I don't see QJ calling pre-flop 3-bets all that often.