Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Vegas Clubs (disappointingly mundane content)

Recommendation for a club close to Mandalay for a 23 y.o. woman who is NOT looking to get laid?

Sorry, while this maybe would go better in OOT, I suspect the responses in B&M might be slightly more productive.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Vegas Clubs (disappointingly mundane content)

[ QUOTE ]
Recommendation for a club close to Mandalay for a 23 y.o. woman who is NOT looking to get laid?

[/ QUOTE ]

What ARE you looking to do? What type of environment would you prefer? Are you going with friends, or by yourself?
Old 08-17-2007, 06:45 PM

There is the Rumjungle inside the Mandalay Bay, but it looks better than it really is and it's more of a bar than a 'club'. The Mandaly also has the Foundation Room which is private, but open to the public only on Mondays (Single females can probably get in anytime though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Take a short cab ride to Palms and go hit up Moon, Playboy Club (1 cover for both clubs), along with Ghostbar and Rain. Also nearby is Voodoo lounge at Rio (great view of the Strip).

A few other hot spots would be Pure (Cesars Palace), Tao (Venetian), Tryst (Wynn) and Body Englist at the Hard Rock which is still viable and caters to a younger crowd.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:45 PM

Drai's in the basement of Bill's Gambling Hall (former Barbary Coast) is an excellent choice if you also want to get away from the hip-hop. Their DJ's only play electronica (Trance and House) it's not too terribly crowded, and the clientèle is definitely upscale. This is an after hours club, so it doesn't get started until after 1am. My wife and I did our research to find a club that plays electronica and now we have awesome memories of this place because of the atmosphere. Just to let you know how unknown this club is... we walked through Caesar's Palace on the way to Drai's during the Basketball All Star / Chinese New Year / President's day weekend. There was easily 500 people in line for Pure at 1am. We get to Drai's and get in right away.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:15 PM

That's amazing that it would be so unknown since even I have heard about it.
Esfandiari mentions it practically every other sentence in any LV nightlife article he writes and it also gets the El Diablo seal-of-approval as well.
For these reasons I guess I thought it was pretty well known but apparently not. Haven't been there myself.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:38 PM

Man.... All the guys in Vegas clubs are looking to get laid. It's a destination where people make it a plan to go out and get ladies.

That being said, Mix ontop of The Hotel at Mandalay Bay is real nice. Not a huge club but it works and has a sick view.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man.... All the guys in Vegas clubs are looking to get laid. It's a destination where people make it a plan to go out and get ladies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can ya blame them? The advertising works a little too well. Now it's a sausage-fest at most clubs any given night in town.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry, while this maybe would go better in OOT, I suspect the responses in B&M might be slightly more productive.

[/ QUOTE ]

why on earth would a 23 year old gal show up in vegas if she's not looking to get laid?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:13 AM

News-flash: Some girls who say and/or swear that they aren't looking to get laid end up getting laid anyway.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to photoc you should be good anywhere. Of course, he has a different perspective and reality than some, or umm most [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]