Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: This kinda pissed me off

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm the type of person who likes to debate various issues, and I probably think I'm right more often than I am, but so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You belong in the politics forum my friend. Those cats will argue anything for 300+ posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're at 180 now, just give it time. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Coming from somebody who I haven't seen make a logical post yet, this is pretty hilarious. Poker strategy deals a ton with logic, but you were probably just speaking out your ass since you likely don't even play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. You shouldn't be lecturing anyone about recognizing sarcasm, seeing as you can't recognize it yourself.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:08 PM

My comment was pretty obviously sarcasm. If you hadn't been so retarded in this thread, maybe I could have recognized it as sarcasm, but I just don't know with you.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:59 PM

Aislephive,
You're wrong in thinking that game stores are able to and should raise the amount of money they offer to buy back used games.

Game stores all offer the same amount of money to buy used games because they know they will make the most money this way. Do you think some idiot working in an office picks a random number out of a hat; or do you think they have financial analysts trying to figure out how to maximize profit?

If you think this is such a huge flaw for a store not to offer lower prices, then go open your own game shop that buys back games for lower prices.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aislephive,
You're wrong in thinking that game stores are able to and should raise the amount of money they offer to buy back used games.

Game stores all offer the same amount of money to buy used games because they know they will make the most money this way. Do you think some idiot working in an office picks a random number out of a hat; or do you think they have financial analysts trying to figure out how to maximize profit?

If you think this is such a huge flaw for a store not to offer lower prices, then go open your own game shop that buys back games for lower prices.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're missing the point entirely. You really don't think there should be a difference in the amount of money I get for a technically used game in perfectly mint condition including the instruction booklet with a reciept showing the game was purchased within say a week, than another copy of the same game that has hours and hours of use and many scratches, and doesn't have an instruction booklet? You REALLY think it makes sense for both of us to recieve $20 for our respective games?

The policy for buying back used games was almost certainly not made to handle situations like this most effectively. It's not something that happens all that often and they probably didn't think it was a big enough deal to put it in big letters alongside the rest of the policy.

I also never said it was a huge flaw, nor did I say that in general they should buy back games at higher prices. I also think you're the third or fourth person to suggest opening my own store instead.

All I've ever said is that in situations where somebody purchases a new game and for some reason wants to exchange it they should get a better deal for their "used" game if they have a reciept showing that it was purchased within a week of that day and the game must be in the same condition it was new, you can also include in this policy that the refund can only be paid via store credit. How much "better" of a deal is a variable that the company would decide, but $20 is a joke and you know it.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:39 AM

OP, I'm not saying you're overreacting but ummmmmm well you are. You can't ever get real value out of stuff like that.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You really don't think there should be a difference in the amount of money I get for a technically used game in perfectly mint condition including the instruction booklet with a reciept showing the game was purchased within say a week, than another copy of the same game that has hours and hours of use and many scratches, and doesn't have an instruction booklet? You REALLY think it makes sense for both of us to recieve $20 for our respective games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scratch the game and chew up the booklet, then return it. Stick it to the man!

Also, returning the game costs them in labour as well. It has to be re-entered into inventory, manually priced and re-wrapped I assume in some other type of cellophane. Add this to their cost as well, it's not insignificant.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aislephive,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're missing the point entirely. You really don't think there should be a difference in the amount of money I get for a technically used game in perfectly mint condition including the instruction booklet with a reciept showing the game was purchased within say a week, than another copy of the same game that has hours and hours of use and many scratches, and doesn't have an instruction booklet? You REALLY think it makes sense for both of us to recieve $20 for our respective games?

The policy for buying back used games was almost certainly not made to handle situations like this most effectively. It's not something that happens all that often and they probably didn't think it was a big enough deal to put it in big letters alongside the rest of the policy.

I also never said it was a huge flaw, nor did I say that in general they should buy back games at higher prices. I also think you're the third or fourth person to suggest opening my own store instead.

All I've ever said is that in situations where somebody purchases a new game and for some reason wants to exchange it they should get a better deal for their "used" game if they have a reciept showing that it was purchased within a week of that day and the game must be in the same condition it was new, you can also include in this policy that the refund can only be paid via store credit. How much "better" of a deal is a variable that the company would decide, but $20 is a joke and you know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't have this policy (offering a higher amount for a game returned two days later, as compared to a game returned a month later) because people in your situation probably make up around 1% of people returning video games. Why should the stores spend time and money to accommodate the 1% of people who were dumb enough to even get into this situation in the first place? Think about it. The majority of people who are in this situation are going to take the stores offer, as low as it is.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it thinks what I think you mean, I don't see how it is possibly true, and I don't really see what your point is either in regards to what we're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop the world, I want to get off.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:47 PM

OP,

I can't continue reading this thread. You're driving me nuts.

Despite what you think of their return policy, I'm willing to bet that they have it posted in the store somewhere, probably right by a cash register. If not, I'm pretty sure that had you asked before you made your purchase, they would have been happy to inform you of their policy. If you had bothered to find this information out beforehand, then you could have saved yourself all of this frustration and only your close friends would have known that you're an idiot - now all of OOT knows.