Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 04:12 PM

Default 10NL: middle set threeways and a monotone flop, advice on turn

Flop was pretty easy, but how should I proceed on turn?

<u>Reads:</u>CO was playing too many hands. Button had been pretty tight and shown down exactly one hand: trips. All other pots he took down by playing very aggressively. I expect him to raise with less than TP. His stats are something like 13/5 over less than 50 hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop

BB ($9.50)
UTG ($10.10)
MP1 ($9.35)
MP2 ($8.45)
CO ($5.20)
Button ($15.50)
Hero ($10.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.3</font>, Button calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

<font color="blue">Setmining with two other players already in the pot? Yes, please.</font>

Flop: ($1) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, CO folds, Button calls $1.80.

<font color="blue">I knew that button was aggressive and liked to play strongly postflop. Against any other kind of villain I would have lead, but here I opted to check-raise. Since CO was the original bettor, he would likely bet again if he hit anything or had a pocket pair 88+. If checked to him, button was pretty much guaranteed to bet. After he raises, I have to announce that I have a hand to play with. With the monotone board, I couldn't just call and let another diamond butcher my hand. What I really hoped here was a 4bet with AA/AK so I could shove.</font>

Turn: ($7.60) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero wants villain's stack.</font>

<font color="blue">So far the hand was easy. I have PSB left so any reasonable bet is as good as shove and if villain really has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I can't give him the free card. The only hand I can count on stacking off here is AK, but if villain has a weaker king, that ace must really scare him.</font>

What's the best way to felt this type of player?
Old 11-16-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: 10NL: middle set threeways and a monotone flop, advice on turn

shove
Old 11-16-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shove

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-16-2007, 05:04 PM

Yeah, so I did play it correctly. I shoved, villain tanked forever and folded with the time almost running out.

Must have been the archetype of the nit. After the hand I was just thinking that maybe I would have gotten him to shove with 1/2 pot but that must be just my being results oriented.

Ah well.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:19 PM

nah 1/2 pot isnt good here esp if he flats and a diamond falls on the river, shove is good