Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2006, 09:32 PM

Default Re: WSOP Advisory Council Suggestions

Eliminate 11-handed play in hold 'em events. To accomplish this they may need to use another room for cash game tables, single-table satellites, and second chance tournaments. They may also have to cap entries at 2000 for preliminary events.

NL hold 'em is a 9-handed game. 10-handed is too much, but acceptable until tables break. 11-handed is outrageous.

Moving cash games, STS, and second chance events to a seperate room would probably help floor staff stay focused and do a better job supervising all events/games.

On another note, it may be worth allowing players to buy-in to events online and then print out their table/seat assignment at home. Kind of like buying an airline ticket. It always seems very congested and hectic around the cashier cage and will call desk.

My WSOP experiences have been very frustrating and much of the frustration comes from dealing with poor organization and obvious price gouging/greed from Harrah's.

During a recent discussion with a friend I compared how well Harrah's meets customer expectations for the WSOP with playing golf at Pebble Beach.

For an amatuer poker player, playing in the WSOP is the most exciting and anticipated event of the year. Similarly, for an amatuer golfer, a round at Pebble Beach is a rare treat.

Many customers at the WSOP feel taken for granted and maybe even slighted. Most customers at Pebble Beach leave feeling exhilerated, pampered, - and though the round cost at least four or five times a "normal" round - like they got a great value and life long memories of the round.

My above comparison may be unfair to Harrah's, but they should aspire to improve the customer experience at the WSOP. I for one will choose to play other events in the future if they can't make some progress in this area in 2007.