Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Sorta ethical type situation... Exposed card that only you know PF

Our CO limp behind like 4-5 people and then shove over his raise won't look like the most suspiciously weird thing ever?

I guess we could have a bigger pair up through like 66-88, but we also have a smaller pair 22-44 just as often, so with all that money out there, why should he fold? We never do this with a big pair.

(assuming he actually has 55)
Old 04-15-2007, 04:04 PM

I will usually give someone 1 warning if they are unknowingly exposing their hole cards. I realize its a big edge and I'm not saying its "wrong", but I'm just not that comfortable hole carding people at poker. (At BJ I do it in a second flat)

I don't think its unethical to use the hole card info IF the player didn't protect his hand. However if you are going out of your way to see someones cards (leaning back, crouching low, ect) I think its very boarder line.

If an experienced player is exposing his cards I would show less mercy than if it was a real newbie because the pro should know better.

What if the person sitting next to is older and has vision problems forcing him/her to lift the cards too high just so he can see what he has? Is it still OK to sit there and take their money?

I know a lot of good players who say that you should take every edge given to you and that includes hole carding people. Even going out of their way to see the cards ect.

Is there any situation where YOU would tell a stranger that you could see their cards, or do you just keep quiet and take their money?
Old 04-15-2007, 05:06 PM

I got a question for you, what are you there to do? win the tourney I hope take any edge you can. Think about it would he tell you if he saw your cards.