27-30 32 13.56%
30-34 27 11.44%
35+ 32 13.56%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Official October Thread: General Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
Somehow I lost 6 buyins at 3/6 and over 7 buyins at 2/4 today. My downswing tally is up to 27k now. I haven't cashed out in 2 months, and I'm down to only 16k in poker accounts now. That's probably not enough of a roll to play 3/6 anymore... but then, if you are a losing player, no amount is enough of a roll.

I guess I have no choice - I will start sending out resumes and contacting recruiters tomorrow. This really sucks, because it almost certainly means I'm going to have to move to someplace with a tech sector, and that means leaving behind beautiful Hawaii, all of my wife's family, our support network, etc. Right now we live rent free with my in-laws, which is particularly awesome due to built-in baby-sitting and all the help they give. Our whole lives are going to change because I've completely lost both the ability to play good and to run good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lost 27k at what stakes? And over how many hands? Either way, move down, watch some videos, start every session with a good mindset(if you need to take a few days off for this DO IT)

Also, IMO, don't move because of some money problems. It sounds like you have an awesome life there and you'll probably regret moving. Just think about what you want from your life and consciously move towards it with every decision you make in every moment of your life(ESPECIALLY in your thinking, if you dont believe you can have it then you wont). Then it's only a matter of time.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Somehow I lost 6 buyins at 3/6 and over 7 buyins at 2/4 today. My downswing tally is up to 27k now. I haven't cashed out in 2 months, and I'm down to only 16k in poker accounts now. That's probably not enough of a roll to play 3/6 anymore... but then, if you are a losing player, no amount is enough of a roll.

I guess I have no choice - I will start sending out resumes and contacting recruiters tomorrow. This really sucks, because it almost certainly means I'm going to have to move to someplace with a tech sector, and that means leaving behind beautiful Hawaii, all of my wife's family, our support network, etc. Right now we live rent free with my in-laws, which is particularly awesome due to built-in baby-sitting and all the help they give. Our whole lives are going to change because I've completely lost both the ability to play good and to run good.

[/ QUOTE ]

this post made me sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like u at least have a degree and will be able to get a job if need be
Old 10-11-2007, 10:55 AM

Clayton = ass.hole
Old 10-11-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh come on. Take a week off. Play some 1/2. Pwn some bitches. Regain confidence. Move up and win some monies.

You'll be just fine.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clayton = ass.hole

[/ QUOTE ]
Dunno if this was meant as sarcastic (likely) but Clayton is actually a really decent person.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:07 AM

yea i would hope sarcasm on his part. i just had my biggest cash session of my life by about 2x, and now i've made enough stake money to get bought into WPT niagara and not have to worry about makeup, which is awesome since that was my goal this month. donno how this equates to me being an [censored], i thought this thread was for the useless bragging?

now i just have to win a WPT sat on cake poker somehow.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you nevrborn on FTP?
Old 10-11-2007, 11:15 AM

Ddubois i am very sry for you and this should warn everyone out there, how cuel poker can be.

I would also say gind back confidnce, but don`t sach a job in Hawaii.

Play som 1/2 and destroy th SSNL playr!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome to my world, just go to 1/2 for like a week and you'll feel better. seriously its soooooo bad there you can play like 45/33 and pwn regs like NP because all the regs are either super nitty or spewy.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:20 AM

yea definitely move down. i played 16k hands of 1/2 in june after a pretty annoying downswing, theres no shame in it. just focus on improving for a while and then go back to beating big games.

o ya and what morrek said is really good too.
Closed Thread