Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Florida Keys

Searched and could not find anything on the Florida Keys in this forum.

My wife and I are travelling with another couple to the Keys in early December. Getting out of the cold. Staying in a condo at Key Colony Beach. We are looking to kick back and relax most of the week. Likely spend one day in Key West.

Any recommendations or advice? We do not dive or fish, but could be up for a snorkel trip.

Thanks.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Florida Keys

[ QUOTE ]
Searched and could not find anything on the Florida Keys in this forum.

My wife and I are travelling with another couple to the Keys in early December. Getting out of the cold. Staying in a condo at Key Colony Beach. We are looking to kick back and relax most of the week. Likely spend one day in Key West.

Any recommendations or advice? We do not dive or fish, but could be up for a snorkel trip.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was researching a potential trip to the Keys. For a nice day trip + snorkeling out of Key West, maybe check out the Dry Tourtugas. I've never been, but it was on my list had we decided to go there.

I can't offer a whole lot else on the Keys.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:03 AM

The Keys are of course famous for snorkling, diving and fishing, but there are a lot of great restaurants to eat as well as "small town" feel to the shops and stuff. You can take a trolley ride through the city where the guide will give you the history of the Keys as well as go down to the port and watch the big cruise ships come in. There is usually live music somewhere every night as well.

My wife and I live in Orlando, but we did a Cruise out of Miami and we hit the Keys first and before heading off to Mexico and it was cool to be there for a day. I wouldn't go for more than a day or two though if I didn't fish or dive.
Watch out for the [censored] lol
Old 11-13-2007, 11:35 AM

My brother lived in the Keys for a number of years and my mother was down there for a while as well. I'll ask them and get back to this thread.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:40 PM

Marathon Key is very big for fishing. There is a very tiny key about half way down the Keys called Grassy Key. They have a dolphin encounter there. You can't swim with them but you can see them up close.

I believe there is a famous tavern in Key West called Sloppy Joe's. Hemingway used to hang out there so it's a big tourist attraction.