Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: 2+2er Nike Plus group

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to find a way to keep track of my running during sprint workouts / play for ultimate but wearing the ipod doesn't seem practical right now. My guess is we run 3-4 miles per workout but it may be more -- last count we did 3x400's, 1x800, 3x400's, 4x50's+20m cooldowns, and I think a few 200's thrown in additionally.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

You could wear it with no headphones and just strap it to your arm or somewhere on your body where it interfere the least. It'll basically be like a stopwatch at that point with distance stats.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got my iPod yesterday so I'm all set to start using the Nike+ stuff...

Just curious... this is my first mp3 player... what songs do you guys have on your playlist that you think are essential while you run? I'll probs go to iTunes and get some new music today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure it's more upbeat music. Some of the slower, mellower stuff I like doesn't do a whole lot to motivate me to run harder.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:19 PM

'Links 234' by Rammstein is my current power song.
before that I had 'When Worlds collide' by powerman 5000.

for the other songs it's mostly hard rock and metal. Fast paced and aggressive would describe 90% of the songs I have on there so far.

I'm kind of looking for some fast paced techno for my playlists though.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:10 PM

I just signed up for a half marathon on April 1st.
it's in the adjacent town to where I went to college, supposed to have some really great scenery, plus I get a T-shirt [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

My longest run to this point was about 8 miles, with an average run being 4-5 or so. Typically 3 a week, and one night of indoor soccer.

I don't see it being too tough, I seem to be improving pretty quickly, and I've been watching what I've been eating lately, so I should be a bit lighter by then.

I'm thinking if this goes well I'll probably start telling myself I need to run more so that I can try a full marathon sometime in the not too distant future.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:21 PM

Update: Set out on my long run of 13.1 miles yesterday. Started getting pain on the side of my right knee around Mile 7. Became unbearable at Mile 10. Limped/walked the rest of the way. Somehow I managed to get Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITBS) again -- I had this in my left knee last year, went away after 2 weeks of rest. It probably was something funny I was doing with my running form yesterday, not quite sure what it was but I think my high arches and underpronation have something to do with being vulnerable to it as well.

Popping Aleves, icing it down, got it wrapped up. I'll try to stretch it as well. Two weeks left until the marathon and now I gotta deal with this crap [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2007, 02:32 PM

Running is very tough on the body, I, along with most I know that have run a lot of had knee or foot or hip problems sooner or later.

I am trying not to run as much as I used to for this reason.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:19 PM

I've had a busy month and have done barely any running. The new TV season doesn't help much either. Maybe I'll hit a 24 Hour Sport during Lost tonight and run while I watch.

I just noticed something new on the Nike+ site, a route map powered by Google maps. You can post your routes or find local routes. That is an awesome new feature.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just noticed something new on the Nike+ site, a route map powered by Google maps. You can post your routes or find local routes. That is an awesome new feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I've been waiting for exactly that. Very cool.

I've been slow to get into it, as I've been spending some time on our elliptical to get back into better general shape. It's been a good thing to mix in with the occasional run. Taking this past weekend off for Vegas probably didn't help at all. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I should get back out there in a few days, I have some blisters on my feet from golf that have to heal first.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:29 PM

I just did my usual outdoor route...

http://www.nike.com/nikeplus/?l=mapit,884627950

You may need to cut and paste the link. The comma in the URL makes it so the link doesn't work.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:56 PM

DKSR,

Creepy how close you are to me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Here's one of my typical routes.