Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: The Well: TheMetetron

Pics of yourself / your adventures?
Old 11-14-2007, 02:30 AM

Did you play/do you advocate a nittish game at small stakes or did you play an opened up game all through the different limits?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:14 AM

TM,

good posts all the way.

1) what are your suggestions to avoid burn out, or cope with it(include your experiences, if you will pl).
2) what would you suggest the transition be from a 2-tabler to a 4-tabler to a 6-tabler etc.
3) what's your peak point to date at poker....what's your bottom. Also, do you think you are still peaking(rise)or getting stagnant....?(poker wise, of course)
4) what do you say about the concept of "changing gears" during a normal session(table)....and a table full of regulars.

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the datamining i've seen suggests that there are very, very few players at any level on stars & full tilt sustaining long-term winrates > 3-4ptbb/100. in fact, there really aren't many sustaining winrates even that high.

yes, players sometimes enjoy 30k stretches at 6ptbb+, even 50-60k. but over 100k+ hands, winrates that high just do not appear to be sustainable.

[/ QUOTE ]
uh, maybe because anyone that wins 6+ptbb/100 over 30 or 40k hands moves up?
Old 11-14-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm currently working on getting the Italian to an intermediate level in the next year before I move to Florence.

[/ QUOTE ]

vuoi scambiare lezioni di poker con lezioni di italiano?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:05 AM

How often do you c/r flops? What criteria you use to determine a good spot for a c/r (on the flop)?
I'm asking this because it annoys me when people c/r me after I cbet, but it seems every time I try to do it to other people they call.
Also, how often do you bet the turn after a failed c/r on flop.

What is the most you've won in one day? Lost?
Old 11-14-2007, 07:21 AM

LOL @ This well.

"hey guys... I have no real problems with any aspect of the game - just a reminder"

JOHWN EDWARD STEP ASIDE.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:44 AM

Nice well Metetron. You're definitely inspiring me to get out and travel as it's been one of my biggest dreams for the longest time. Sorry if this has been answered before, but did you start getting into travel only because poker allowed you the luxury?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ This well.

"hey guys... I have no real problems with any aspect of the game - just a reminder"

JOHWN EDWARD STEP ASIDE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf do you want me to do? Lie?

I definitely have problems with this game. Despite the millions of hands I've played variance makes me tilt. If I lose a few buyins one of two things happens: a) I shut everything down or b) I tilt off more buyins until a happens.

As far as the theoretical approach to this game and how to apply it I really don't have too many issues with the game and never did for any prolonged period of time. I'm not going to lie to inspire people or something.

Like I said variance is my biggest enemy. Losing a buyin at $25/50 sends me off the edge. The only other real problem I have is thinking everyone is always making a move at me especially when playing higher stakes. This is becoming much less of a problem recently.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice well Metetron. You're definitely inspiring me to get out and travel as it's been one of my biggest dreams for the longest time. Sorry if this has been answered before, but did you start getting into travel only because poker allowed you the luxury?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always wanted to travel but never even went farther then Baja California in Mexico until I started playing poker. It just wasn't possible when you can barely afford to live.