Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 12:28 PM

Default NL50: QQ facing likely slowplay

I've seen this kind of thing on High Stakes Poker, but not in an NL50 ring game before.

What do I do on the flop? What's my plan for the later streets?

Villain was 26/1/2.5 over a 50 hand sample.

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $32.25
UTG+1: $42.50
MP1: $54.90
MP2: $65.55
MP3: $23.00
CO: $8.25
Hero: $47.50
SB: $47.50
BB: $47.25

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10</font>, 4 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $3.25</font>.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($31, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $27.5, Sidepot 1: $3.5)
MP2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ?</font>,
Old 09-23-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: NL50: QQ facing likely slowplay

i don't know how agressive is this table is MP2 calling because most likely their will be a raise from late position?

If he has Aces it's a great move to just call PF when 30$ are in the pot on the flop.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:19 PM

I had only been at the table for a few orbits. Not especially aggressive, CO is a 13/5 so he likely has a hand. But, the small initial raise obviously made it more likely someone might try to steal.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:20 PM

wtf is with your 3bet? You either need to just call or 3bet and commit to the hand. I would 3bet to $16 if that is the decision you make.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:24 PM

I figured it was enough to put CO all in, I would have backed down to a call or raise from UTG +1. How would betting 16 have made it better?
Old 09-23-2007, 01:26 PM

I'm shoving flop, this looks like AK a lot and you can still get value from TT,JJ.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured it was enough to put CO all in, I would have backed down to a call or raise from UTG +1. How would betting 16 have made it better?

[/ QUOTE ]

you could just commit to the hand and get it in on the flop. Here you need 2 streets to get value. If you thought you were behind then I think you have to just call or even fold preflop.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:27 PM

tuff spot.
i would fire $12 to kill UTG's AK or find out real quick its AA/KK (folding to a rerz or villian's c/c then big bet on 4th).
$12 is a small investment that doesnt look too weak so AK will fold and AA/KK will rz and u can get away w/o further damage.

but its the minrz PF UTG thats scary.

in my experience, most players (maybe not this one) bet AA here to build a pot and/or just take that dead monies.

stack size also says something about a player. not having reloaded to max and not shortstacking says he's prolly an intermediate player and those guys LOVE slowplaying.

worst case scenario, yer mucking QQ to his JJ on 4th. prolly not the case.

EDIT: i would not 3bet this PF w UTG's minrz. AND dont learn how to play poker by watching tv.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm shoving flop, this looks like AK a lot and you can still get value from TT,JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen AK played that way .
Old 09-23-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tuff spot.
i would fire $12 to kill UTG's AK or find out real quick its AA/KK (folding to a rerz or villian's c/c then big bet on 4th).
$12 is a small investment that doesnt look too weak so AK will fold and AA/KK will rz and u can get away w/o further damage.

but its the minrz PF UTG thats scary.

in my experience, most players (maybe not this one) bet AA here to build a pot and/or just take that dead monies.

stack size also says something about a player. not having reloaded to max and not shortstacking says he's prolly an intermediate player and those guys LOVE slowplaying.

worst case scenario, yer mucking QQ to his JJ on 4th. prolly not the case.

EDIT: i would not 3bet this PF w UTG's minrz. AND dont learn how to play poker by watching tv.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with just calling is that it gives the pairs odds to call for set value. So I had expected a bunch of callers if I had simply called behind. I felt I had to try to isolate, I understand the argument in favour of a bigger 3bet but I think getting ready to stack off here come what may would be really bad, any call whether to a 10 buck or a 16 buck raise is very likely ahead of me.

Thanks for the comments, but I didn't learn from watching TV.