Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (Week of 9/24 - Rivals Week)

they are friends, that's how male friends between 25-35 treat each other, it's just how we do things
Old 09-27-2007, 05:49 PM

if it had been said in a light-hearted tone, fine. But Antonio was very sincere, in my opinion. And true friends don't treat each other that way. That's was BS.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a bad beat, percentage-wise, but it was a bad beat the way it played out. The poker gods teased him to the point that his opponent was down to a four-outer. If that happens a lot to him, then it can wear on you. Of course, that's his point-of-view. I think he just conviently forgets his suckouts, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't remember the hand you are speaking of.. and i don't mean to make trouble... but does a four outer not fit into the category of a bad beat? i had assumed that a four outer hitting on the river was a classic example of a bad beat.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a bad beat, percentage-wise, but it was a bad beat the way it played out. The poker gods teased him to the point that his opponent was down to a four-outer. If that happens a lot to him, then it can wear on you. Of course, that's his point-of-view. I think he just conviently forgets his suckouts, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't remember the hand you are speaking of.. and i don't mean to make trouble... but does a four outer not fit into the category of a bad beat? i had assumed that a four outer hitting on the river was a classic example of a bad beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's just trying to say if Mike played this hand better then he would have taken the pot down instead of getting four outed on the river. He created his own beat by his bad play. Percentage wise, after five cards, AJ will beat K2 more than 50% of the time (hence it's not a bad beat).
Old 09-27-2007, 06:44 PM

didn't he have 6 outs? 3 aces for higher pair and 3 queens to straight up

and i think the aspect of it being a bad beat is when he put the money in, if he had called preflop(still a bad call with K2) and then hit the King and pushed all -in and then got drawn out on it'd have been a worse beat, but he was so far behind when he put his money in, he was lucky to even be ahead at any point in that hand
Old 09-27-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's just trying to say if Mike played this hand better then he would have taken the pot down instead of getting four outed on the river. He created his own beat by his bad play. Percentage wise, after five cards, AJ will beat K2 more than 50% of the time (hence it's not a bad beat).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to say (and Mike was trying to say) it was a bad beat the way it unfolded, drama wise. The poker gods dangled the carrot in front of him and snatched it away on the river.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:25 AM

I don't think Mike ever called it a bad beat (although Shauna did). Mike was just complaining that the poker gods always tease him, by letting him think he'll "finally" suck out, and then taking it away on the river.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Mike ever called it a bad beat (although Shauna did). Mike was just complaining that the poker gods always tease him, by letting him think he'll "finally" suck out, and then taking it away on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

if by poker gods you mean 'TV' you're probable right.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:24 AM

I just have to say that this has made for a very entertaining week. Good to have a bunch of talkers on the show.

I also don't mind players playing supertight just so they can get more airtime. Makes for better TV imo.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if it had been said in a light-hearted tone, fine. But Antonio was very sincere, in my opinion. And true friends don't treat each other that way. That's was BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Antonio is BEST friends with Phil and Jennifer both,... he was making an obvious friendly needle essentially saying, i am jealous of you Phil, you run so good in life. There was absolutely NOTHING genuinely mean spirited about this and I would jab my friends in the exact same way.