Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Testosterone Question

How is it not juicing? It's the exact same thing. Obv it's better if you don't go nuts and try to drive your level way beyond normal ranges, but "normal" is different for everyone, we don't know anything about the general health of the rest of his system.

[ QUOTE ]

From the quick research I've done it looks like my only option is to use testosterone replacement therapy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why you would come to that conclusion. There are plenty of natural ways to increase test and reasons why yours might be low. Have you talked to your doctor about that or researched that?

Are you overweight? Are you working out with heavy weights? Are you on any medication? Do you eat an excessive amount of eggs or soy? Are you on a zinc supplement? Do you get at least 25g of fat a day?

etc. etc. I'm sure a doc could look into other factors as well such as your thyroid hormone levels and perhaps a testes exam.

Oh, I see you put "lethargy" and "obese" on there. Those are as much causes of low test as they are symptoms.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My symptoms are:
No sex drive
Lethargy
Brain Fog (if you have it, you know what I mean)
Difficulty building muscle
Obese
etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you depressed? most of these are symptoms of depression.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My symptoms are:
No sex drive
Lethargy
Obese
etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as far as i know, depression is a symptom of low testosterone, but low testosterone can't be caused by depression. but this is all relative, because

cbloom is right. if you lose weight, exercise, and make slight adjustments to your diet your testosterone level will improve. obv your doctor will know a ton more, but a testosterone shot isn't an easy fix, you need to help yourself out some too.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:31 PM

I'll be discussing all of this with the Urologist on 11/16. Just figured I'd get some opinions up front because I'm impatient.

Thanks for helping me out everyone.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why don't you eat healthy, take vitamins and stuff first?

I mean, if you're super zinc depleted, won't that impair testosterone? (or just sperm?).

also maybe you borderline diabetic did you get that checked? (goes with very poor diet).

also did you get your iodine levels checked? probably low thyroid function (goes with poor diet). also fluoride is iodine antagonist so cut out all fluoride and get water filter with fluoride scrubber (big berkey with fluoride filter addon) .

just some thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been tested for diabetes multiple times, always fine. Thyroid is fine. My lipid tests came back fine.

I know it sounds ridiculous for someone that's as fat I am to say, but my diet isn't that bad. It isn't great, but I'm not consuming 10,000 calories/day or anything.

When I was ~ 12 (probably starting puberty) all of the sudden I started gaining a lot of weight. I was very athletic when I was younger. From the age of 11 until I was 16 I played basketball on various select teams, etc. I played high school football until my Junior year.

However, despite all the running and lifting I did I never really "matured" physically. I just continued to gain weight, much of it fat. My athletic abilities hid the fact that I wasn't as strong as I should be.

For example. I weighed 220 lbs my freshman year. I started varsity but only could bench ~ 180 lbs.

Anyway, I've always felt like there was something causing the problems I was having, but I could never get a doctor to listen to me.

Then, the other day I was at the doctor said I had no sex drive, and she tested my testosterone. I started researching and had a bunch of questions. Then posted here, etc.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My symptoms are:
No sex drive
Lethargy
Obese
etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Been down that road. It's not depression (doesn't everyone say that?). Honestly, I went through a 10 month stint of pretty serious depression, I'm not depressed right now.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been tested for diabetes multiple times, always fine. Thyroid is fine. My lipid tests came back fine.

I know it sounds ridiculous for someone that's as fat I am to say, but my diet isn't that bad. It isn't great, but I'm not consuming 10,000 calories/day or anything.

When I was ~ 12 (probably starting puberty) all of the sudden I started gaining a lot of weight. I was very athletic when I was younger. From the age of 11 until I was 16 I played basketball on various select teams, etc. I played high school football until my Junior year.

However, despite all the running and lifting I did I never really "matured" physically. I just continued to gain weight, much of it fat. My athletic abilities hid the fact that I wasn't as strong as I should be.

For example. I weighed 220 lbs my freshman year. I started varsity but only could bench ~ 180 lbs.

Anyway, I've always felt like there was something causing the problems I was having, but I could never get a doctor to listen to me.

Then, the other day I was at the doctor said I had no sex drive, and she tested my testosterone. I started researching and had a bunch of questions. Then posted here, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

google fat or someting, I think fat itself makes estrogen or something, maybe that would keep your test down.

environmental estrogen(like) stuff is out there too (plastics, some foods)

maybe u just gay. lol. jk.

did u get a sperm count too?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:10 PM

post stuff you eat every day. do you smoke pot?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
post stuff you eat every day. do you smoke pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Breakfast - Sausage and Egg biscuit from McDonalds and OJ.
Typically no lunch, but I drink a fukton of water throughout the day.

Dinner - generally grill chicken breasts, pork chops, a steak, etc. Frozen corn, sometimes rice or potatoes.

Maybe a couple times a week I eat a snack between dinner and bed. That would consist of some cookies and a glass of 2% milk.

Like I said, I eat like poo, but my calorie intake is relatively low for a fatboy.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:16 PM

no pot, but I'm on adderal XR (sp?). 40mg daily.