Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Girls and choice of words

[ QUOTE ]
Well, some males prefer to let the female dictate the pace and flow of things.=

[/ QUOTE ]

we call these men pussies
Old 08-02-2007, 08:50 PM

I think you are well on your way to friendsville. I might be wrong but I think you should get her out one night and get some drinks in her and flirt with other women in front of her.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:51 PM

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel that you just flat out like this girl a lot /quote]
how can i "like" her when i had talked to her once?

anyway, went out with her, she seems pretty psycho, not going to call her again.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't ask a girl what she's doing. Ask her to come with you to do something. Make it as date-like as you want it to be. But give her a choice, not a quiz. A choice flatters her; a quiz needles her and makes her have to take a risk of looking bad. This is even worse when asking her in front of other people, especially her friends.

If you say whatcha doing tomorrow or on the weekend or whatever, you are in a way asking her about her social and sexual viability, because many women/girls feel bad about looking like they have nothing to do, even to strangers. They can think of that as a sign of a peculiarly and particularly feminine kind of failure, and can be judged that way by their girlfriends, too. So sometimes they might even lie and make stuff up just to sound more popular. Stuff that you don't want to hear and that gets you nowhere, like -- they're busy or even have a boyfriend. Of course, they may lie and say they're busy because they don't like you, as well, or even really have a boyfriend(this won't stop a lot of girls who like you anyway), but that's just a couple of an array of reasons you might ask that question innocently and find yourself shut out. Remember too, when a girl asks another girl that question, it might not be that innocent. You're pointing a loaded gun at a girl when you ask her if she's got time free for you at the drop of a hat.

So instead of putting her in the position of being rejectable, be a gentleman about it(kinda sucks I know) and a man about it(doesn't suck and is kinda cool once you get used to it) and put her in the position of rejecting you. Taking the pressure off her is a better way to make her comfortable and open. Ask her out, or just to come with, whatever.

And don't put it indirectly in a way that's potentially insulting when you do. Don't say, "Hey, if you're not busy, let's go to ..." or "Hey, I wanna go catch that new Simpsons movie, and if you've got nothing better to do ...." You don't need any qualifiers(it makes you look like a hesitating wimp) and neither does she(it makes her look like a loser).

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW - spot on, esp the "you're pointing a loaded gun at her part". NH sir.

POTY?

OP - be more aggressive with her but I think you have very little chance here so time to move on - still it's a free ooption so u should at least carry it out to it's conclusion but do not give this girl any more of your precious time than she deserves. There are a million ladies out there for you.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, sorry if this is the wrong forum. I didn't post this in OOT 'cause OOT is full of smart asses with one liners.

okay so i got this girls number the other day that i dont really know well (pretty much got her number the first time i talked to her). Anyway she seemed into me, so i asked her number blah blah blah. So i text her the next day (mostly just do get my number in her phone), and we talk via text messages for a bit.

Basically I'm asking what certain things she does mean:

a)whyning about some annoying guy

I found this kind of annoying (i really dont care how annoying this dude is), but why is she telling me this?

b)I asked her what she was up to the next day, and she said she wasnt sure but she'd let me know. Later the next day, she texted me and said: "meant to call you sorry bud i'm at my cottage and can't hang out 'till monday"

When i said i had to go, she said "k, peace"

the "bud" and the "peace" makes me think she is interested in just a friendship....thoughts?

c) she randomly texts me tonight asking me what a good scary movie is.

Basically i'm unsure of what this girl wants. Sorry for the long and rambling post.

[/ QUOTE ]

The horrible "Friend-Zone".
Old 08-03-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I feel that you just flat out like this girl a lot

[/ QUOTE ]
how can i "like" her when i had talked to her once?

anyway, went out with her, she seems pretty psycho, not going to call her again.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's exactly why analyzing girls' intentions are a waste of time, unless you know them. When it comes to boys, girls are usually

1. Crazy
2. Deliberately vague
3. Don't know what they want

With 3 being the most common.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That's exactly why analyzing girls' intentions are a waste of time, unless you know them. When it comes to boys, girls are usually

1. Crazy
2. Deliberately vague

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh we know what we want, Phil. We want you to "get" us and we want you to pretend to care.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:23 PM

Of course (women are easy to please), but in the early stages they have no idea. Guys tend to see a girl and think "yep, I want to hit that" right away, and everything else is pretty much fluff. Whereas girls need some display of peacockery and/or charm, unless the guy is totally hot. It's like those bower birds on the Discovery channel.

Am I wrong here?
Old 08-03-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Crazy
2. Deliberately vague

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh we know what we want, Phil. We want you to "get" us and we want you to pretend to care.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then, if magic intervenes sufficiently for us to successfully read your minds, that's your cue to change everything around again and pretend to be surprised when we go, WTF?