Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
RVG, an important question:

The poker sites are doing updates to their software on a regular basis. From time to time your HUD wont be able to display the stats or there's something else wrong with HoldemManager.

Will you have the time (and the effort) to constantly update the software and to provide reasonable tech support? Will you be adding new features on a regular basis?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent point. As a Tourney Manager customer, I know that you update the software quickly everytime a site decides to change their hand histories. I wouldn't want to see you so bogged down with supporting every site out there that you never have time to add new features.

Maybe you should consider supporting only the top 5 or so poker sites. The high volume players, who will benefit most from Holdem Manager's improved performance, are probably playing on the big sites. PT/PAHUD are popular because they do a great job supporting every site out there. Maybe you should leave the smaller markets to them and focus on new features for the major sites.

Of course, if you're planning on outsourcing hand-history updates to India or something, then by all means go ahead and support every site you can.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:38 PM

BTW, will this export notes to Party, Stars, etc. like Poker Tracker? I prefer to make notes while reviewing play afterwards, and really like that feature in PT.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:39 PM

I actually wonder how long the smaller sites /networks are going to be around / have traffic worth supporting.

Look at UB, the amount of traffic on there has fallen through the floor, even though it is still open to US players. Somebody mentioned that crypto had falling traffic as well over the past couple of months and that the remaining player pool wasn't worth playing against.

I personally can foresee more and more consolidation with Party/Stars/Full Tilt the main players and maybe the odd other one of any note (e.g. ipoker or prima). This is unless there is some huge seed change, like the americans repealing the anti-gambling legislation.

The call for top 5 seems like a sensible suggestion if that ensures that they are up and running for 99% of the time.

I also think the more sites you support, the more little bugs there are likely to be and thus more bogged down in dealing with the small number of players suffering that problem, rather than being available for the majority.

I think this has been part of the reason for the stagnation of PT / PAHUD, that the authors are pretty much one-man bands and they have to spend their lives answering the forum and investigating / fixing minor bugs for no extra income.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, if you're planning on outsourcing hand-history updates to India or something, then by all means go ahead and support every site you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not India but the way I handle hand history conversion parsing was done in such a way that I could outsource it. There is a two step process - step one is converting the site hand history into HMSF which is a generic XML format. I then take that HMSF format and apply all my programming "stuff" on that.

So what this means is that someone could create converters for any site that simply convert to this XML format without knowing anything about Holdem Manager, the Database, what I plan on doing with the data etc.

I do plan on having close to 100% coverage for sites with reasonable amounts of traffic that also have hand histories and I don't necesarilly plan on doing this all myself although it only takes a few hours to built a new site parser.

There is also a pretty good chance that I'll make my site parsers open source by request to speed up the proliferation of HH to HMSF convertors. In fact, earlier versions of HM had each sites parser as its own dll and allowed developers to create a parser for a site, drop it into a folder in HM and the site would automtically be supported without any involvement from me however I changed that due to the potential of people writing backdoor trojans and dropping them into the parsers and then giving them to people.

The approach I have taken now is to make it as easy as possible for other people to write hand history parsers for sites but I will still oversee and manage it all at a code level to make sure everything is safe for HM users.

rvg
Old 06-27-2007, 06:56 PM

Oh RVG,

Please make the HUD work with the iPoker miniwindows (as PO does not)..?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:02 PM

RVG,

Awesome. Good to see someone else jump into the market (although PT and PAHUD have been awesome to me and their support A+++). This program looks awesome.

In terms of pricing PT+PAHUD = $80, so anywhere in that vicinity is reasonable, IMO. I'd probably pay up to $100 to switch from PT.

GL with everything. I'm very excited about July 15th.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:40 PM

Any chance about adding a hand re player?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance about adding a hand re player?

[/ QUOTE ]

A very functional replayer is in the works and will include complete stats on all players. Whether or not it will be available by July 15th is in question but I'm going to try and have at least a basic version ready by then.

rvg
Old 06-27-2007, 11:15 PM

If I were to send you Bodog HH's, what would be a decent amount?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were to send you Bodog HH's, what would be a decent amount?

[/ QUOTE ]

I received a bunch of Bodog HH's today - more is always better as it ensures that I make it as complete as possible.