Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Car Accident Beat/Brag/Variance

More variance for blizzard (since this happened to my friend's jeep)

Its very possible that the reason your car isn't messed up is because he hit your tail pipe, and pushed all of your exhaust forward. You car runs fine for a little while, but you don't realize that there is some serious problems in your engine. In my friend's case, his header got cracker from the impact and he didn't realize it until he drove ~300 miles and the hood started smoking.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:07 PM

The Jeep is one of the safest cars around. For the person in the Jeep.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:15 PM

When I was in high school I drove a '78 CJ7 (old school jeep) I was stopped at a stop sign, a fellow soccer teammate hit me going ~15 mph...bent his hood in pretty well, nothing happened to my car [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2006, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More variance for blizzard (since this happened to my friend's jeep)

Its very possible that the reason your car isn't messed up is because he hit your tail pipe, and pushed all of your exhaust forward. You car runs fine for a little while, but you don't realize that there is some serious problems in your engine. In my friend's case, his header got cracker from the impact and he didn't realize it until he drove ~300 miles and the hood started smoking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to take my car in anyway and have a regular tuneup, etc, and after yesterday I figured I'd ask the mechanic to make sure everything was okay with the exhaust and what not.

I just took a look at the car for the first time in daylight and it looks alright (including the muffler/exhaust). There is a very small impression on the bottom of the bumper directly underneath the LP, and a few very small paint scratches on the rest of the bumper - but nothing that doesn't look like normal wear and tear. Honestly, if you look closely you might think I backed into a shopping cart at 5mph.

Anyone considering a Jeep (or knowing someone considering buying a Jeep)... I feel much safer in mine today knowing how it stands up in an accident like that than I did before I got hit yesterday. The hood of the other car needs some serious body work and my car is virtually undamaged.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:52 PM

Jeeps don't seem very luxurious. Lexuses have cars built in roll cages.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:01 PM

I backed into my sisters cavilier with my truck. [censored] up the front of her car pretty good including punching a hole through her bumper but my truck literally had no damage. The entire car went under my bumper into the trailor hitch.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:21 PM

I got rearended at a stoplight in my old Cherokee back in high school by a little sedan thing. I guess he wasn't going very fast at all, but when I got out to check the damage the only thing I could find was a scratch on my bumper, and to be honest I think that had been there before. On the other hand, he cracked his raditor and was leaking coolant all over the place. Between that and the 4WD, I'm still pissed that Jeep discontinued the Cherokee and replaced it with the Liberty, which rivals the Element as one of the uglist cars on the road.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:32 PM

I used to drive a Cherokee. It survived 3 collisions with minimal damage.

Unfortunately is was so poorly, mechanically, constructed the transmision, transfer case and engine block all failed long before 70K miles.

BRAG: Fairly safe.
BEAT: Shoddy moving parts
BEAT: Sucks petrol like an M1 ABRAMS Tank

VARIANCE: With the back seat down, it's big enough for a threesome with hot bisexuals.