Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2006, 11:26 AM

Default General Question involving bankroll and paying off fish.

I regularily play the 0.50/1 NL on PP, I generally do pretty well, I wanted to play slightly more regularily/properly, ie my bankroll isn't quite big enough for .50/1 (350-400$'s atm) so I dropped to .25/.50NL. For some reason I seem to do alot worse at this level.

How much respect should I give players at this level?
I'm unsure whether to respect them and think that they are capable of making plays/better strategy moves or just to play them, and auto assume they are fish and don't know what they are doing.

Cheers.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:31 AM

Default Re: General Question involving bankroll and paying off fish.

every level has capable players who think and can beat the game they play. you cant just label someone fish because of the level they are at.

things to do.
1. get pokertracker
2. post some hands
2a. read more posts here while posting your own hands
3. we'll find out if there are leaks in your game that need to be fixed.

you may just be expirencing variance.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:34 AM

Drop down to nl 10, because your bankroll is way to small, even for nl 50.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:35 AM

A friend of mine recently moved to the 0.5/1 tables on PP, and he actually felt they were easier than the 0.25/0.5 tables. Partly because people can be read better, partly because there seems to be an inflow of rich fish on the 100$ table (probably find anything less than 100$ not exciting enough).

Generally I think you shouldnt expect more than basic strategy. Dont expect fancy moves, there might be a few people making fancy moves but way too few to be taking it into consideration imo.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:44 AM

If you think that you know some special kung-fu that 50NL players are not sophisticated enough to get, you may be suffering from Fancy Play Syndrome (FPS). FPS will make you lose your (undersized) bankroll, and may cause premature balding.

ABC Poker does not equal 'Fish who doesn't know what they are doing'. Or if it is... le poisson, c'est moi.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:58 PM

lol I didnt say I was making Fancy plays just I think I might be expecting them too much. Too often have I seen such bad play that I find it hard to give respect where it's due.

I agree with the point about the raise in stakes and there isn't a chance i'd play anything less than .25/.50. I wouldnt see the point.

I use Mac OS is there any sort of poker tracker that I can use with this, or am I keeping using my spreadsheet?
Old 10-07-2006, 02:18 PM

Isaw2, I have that PokerTracker problem you have, namely using a different OS than Windows (I use Linux). Would be nice if anyone replys with non-windows PokerTracker software [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

about your other problem(s): I suggest playing that same winning(hopefully) game of yours. No need to even consider my suggestion though, because I play NL10, which is lower than the stakes you play...
Old 10-07-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
l
I agree with the point about the raise in stakes and there isn't a chance i'd play anything less than .25/.50. I wouldnt see the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

the point is that you dont have the funds to deal with variance. i guess if you are only playing 1 table then 8 buyins is doable. the recomended amount is 20x max buyin which is 1k for 50NL. if you go on a bad run or get sucked out a few times your bankrol will deplete very fast and you wont have the funds to rebuild it and maintain it. be able to play a variety of limits, and saying that you dont see the point in playing under 50NL is absurd.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:55 PM

there's a PT type program for macosx, I think it's called macpokerpro or something.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:54 PM

There is no point in me playing 0.05c/0.10c blinds. That isn't enough for me to care about it. DO i fold to a 40 cents bet or call him, I dont really care its less than 30p.

It's not absurd; it's just realistic. I need to play at a level where the blinds matter even slightly or ill be calling anything with anything, ie being a mahusive fish!

Cheers smoore.