Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 07:07 PM

Default More 4/8 fun

Here's a few from this morning's session. LP table the entire time. All are either weak/tight and or LP.

Hand #1 UTG(weak Tight)limps in as does 4 more limpers, Hero is SB with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and completes, BB(Way too loose)raps. 7 ways

(6 SBs) Flop comes 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Hero checks, BB bets bets, 4 callers, Hero calls. (12 BBs)

Q: Is this a good or bad peel here on the flop with B/Pr and a BDFS that is weak? I am leaning towards that it was just a so so peel.

----------------

Hand #2- 5 limpers to Hero on BTN with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] who calls, Blinds both in. 8 ways (7 SBs)

Flop comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] SB(Way too Loose)bets, 3 callers, Hero calls. (12 SBs)

Same thing, good or bad flop peel?

I wont' post results yet.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: More 4/8 fun

Seems like there's enough money in the pot and enough implied odds from the passive nature of the game to peel one off on the flop from your position. You'll get away cheap if you are still behind, but can pull big pots if you hit.

The tough spot is if your flush in Hand 1 comes in or your straight in Hand 2 comes and you're against a big flush or bigger straight... There are some reverse implied odds at work here as well, since you'll probably invest a lot in those cases.

I think in Hand 2 I'd only count somewhere around 5 outs (2 clean 5's, probably only about 1 clean out for your 4's since one completes the flush and you've got to discount for the possibility someone has a 6, and your backdoor flush worth 1.5)

Old 09-17-2007, 07:49 PM

for a $4-$8 game both this scenarios are automatic peels.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:55 PM

Hand 1: With this dry a board, even hitting 2 low pair adds to the ways you have to win this hand. I did the same thing with Q2s because I had the odds to play for a Q or 2 with all the LAP action. Q on the river gave me the win. The only river to help me all day.

Hand 2 I like less. My cutoff, even on the BTN is 46s. So its a fold PF for me. Hyper did a good job of putting the weaknesses into words. Your str8 draw and your flush draws are both weak. Your best draw is a 2 outter, another 5. Position is your best attribute, but I would like to think that I would fold this one. Too many ways to lose, not enough ways to win.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:10 PM

pf standard in both hands.

hand 1 is a standard peel.

hand 2 is a fold imo
Old 09-17-2007, 08:11 PM

I peel both. Backdoors are fun.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:19 PM

So sounds like there is a split onw whether to peel or not peel, that is the question. Whether it is nobler to......

Still on da fence on these hands as far as after the flop.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:37 PM

Hand 1: Easy peel.
Maybe c/r if the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hits.

Hand 2: There's some problems. Hitting 2 pair kinda sucks. Hitting a str8 isn't really that good. With implieds vs the possible redraw against, you might be about even.

b
Old 09-18-2007, 01:41 AM

hand one is pretty ez peal
Hand 2 is sorta close, but if you can use your position and postflop skills to your advantage to get away from your hand when you hit and it's no good, I like peeling. Otherwise, you are gonna kill yourself on the turn and river so often it's gross.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:57 AM

grunch--

1: easy peel, 11:1 for 2 pr or weak ass back door draws is fine, especially closing the action.
2: I probably call this live still getting 11:1 closing the action, but with time to think about the number of outs you realistically have I don't mind a fold. All we're drawing to is trips and a weak backdoor flush, call it 3 outs. Even then there are 11 cards, twice, that put 4 to a straight on the board. Hitting our gutshot gives anyone with a 9 a bigger straight. We're facing some serious reverse implied odds.