Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 08:41 AM

Default I have trips.. but I don\'t beat much?

Villain is 55/12/2 over 58 hands. He has 3-bet me preflop 2 times or something, and also played back at my cbets like once or twice.

I'm 29/19/1.83 over 58 hands, and have been running sick hot. Stacked another fish multiple times with AA 2x, and quads once.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.05/$0.10 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

SB: $10.80
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $44.95</font>
UTG: $4.75
MP: $10.25
CO: $9.95
BTN: $8.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.40</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.30, MP calls $0.30

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.60) A A 5 (4 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $1</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $1

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($3.60) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($3.60) 8 (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.40</font>, <font color="red">MP raises all-in to $8.85</font>

The preflop call is probably marginal, and villains small PFR in poker tracker worries me. The reason for the call though is that SB is a huge monkey and I felt there were values when he was in the pot.

River decision? Discuss my passive line on flop and turn.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: I have trips.. but I don\'t beat much?

In my opinion you should call here, after you showed so much passive play, you act like a calling station. If you think he play AT, AJ, AQ, AK then you have to pay him off, but it could be that he hit with his 8x on the button two pair on the river.

I think, not raising him was good, because you dont want to build a big pot with your cards! but a littele Turn bet would be better because you want a free showdown.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:58 AM

People in the lower games tend to play everything. Dont know what hes holding. I think the passive line is ok, check-call. Trying to induce him to make a bet. Only hands I can put him on is pocketpairs or ofc Ax something, maybe 88?. :S
Old 04-15-2007, 09:06 AM

Fiks, i noticed you've recently decided to play cash from tournies, you seem to be doing quite well.

If you dont mind me asking these few questions...
What are your numbers?
How're you running, PTBB &amp; net won over how many hands
When if at all do you intend to move up
Old 04-15-2007, 09:25 AM

*grunch*
"The reason for the call though is that SB is a huge monkey and I felt there were values when he was in the pot."
Thats odd since the monkey had already folded (monkey in SB, you in BB) and THEN you made the flop call. I would raise because I want to play big pots with big hands like trip aces. Though it is a pretty visible hand.

You called on the flop, and now on the turn I would bet half-pot to get some info.

River: I call, because I call-down too much if my hand is pretty. I think he plays a smaller ace enough times for it to be profitable. He had to call 3BB on a 13BB pot preflop after CO had raised so it even be a KXs.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:35 AM

You have trips against a 55/12 at 10nl who has checked behind the turn and you want to know whether to get it in on the river? Ummmmmmmm..... SNAPCALL
Old 04-15-2007, 10:50 AM

Your kicker plays here, which means that you should probably call. This guy is going to be thinking that Ax is the holy nuts and slowplay it accordingly, which explains the turn and river line.

If you had A8 and river was a 9 it would be really close, maybe even a fold, but as is you're going to scoop this a good percentage of the time.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fiks, i noticed you've recently decided to play cash from tournies, you seem to be doing quite well.

If you dont mind me asking these few questions...
What are your numbers?
How're you running, PTBB &amp; net won over how many hands
When if at all do you intend to move up

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my lifetime graph at $10 NL 6-max. It's not a lot of hands, but then again I don't play so often, and I only 2-table.

I'm pretty sure such swings aren't normal? lol. I am experimenting with an agressive playing style though. Running something like 26/17. Some of the swings come from playing with super aggressive donkeys who I was chasing. That means variance obv. The last 2k hands are from today and yesterday, when I played the longest sessions of my life, focusing 100% in extremely juicy games.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to beat 25NL, so I'll move up as soon as I'm properly rolled. My current roll is only a little more than $300 (mostly donkament winnings), so it's gonna be a little while probably. I'll probably move up to 25NL when I have something like 30-40 buy ins? What do you think?