Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 06:49 PM

Default Re: 10/25 UB HU 300+ BB\'s Deep v. Stevesbets...bluff inducer

[ QUOTE ]
you seem to have a habit in this match of checking your big hands on the river to induce bluffs.
your hand looks to him exactly what it is...a mediocre one which doesn't really want to be faced with another big river bet.

i have no idea who stevesbets is but if he is good this is a very good spot for him to bluff...if he's bad i would def. fold...if he's good i might still fold but i really hate your river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

completely agree with ^^

also agree that if you put in that bet with the intention to call a shove, y not call the shove? what changed?
Old 12-18-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I had AQ I would call this overbet shove (based on the flow of previous hands in the match). Then again, AQ is the same hand as 1010 if I do not think he will value shove QJ+ in this scenario, but people seem to be suggesting that he would value shove KQ/AQ like this here, although I'm really not sure that's the case.

[/ QUOTE ]
You answer your own question here. You said that you didnt think he was capable of overbetshoving the river with AQ/KQ but still you would call with AQ. Then ofc, you should call with TT aswell.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:09 PM

i had the intention of calling a value raise, but then he shoved for 2.5X pot about 6.5kish, and I got scurrred...How do people interpret this massive river overbet, given the context of the match. More or less likely to be a bluff?
dlpnyc21
Old 12-18-2006, 09:38 PM

As played I fold, as this I think is an easy fold. (Then I wait 30 minutes for cts to criticize me.)

I think he has three twos. Or possibly a full house.

I think your hand looks like a pair of queens with a marginal kicker.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:34 AM

makes me think about the famous " I know you're bluffing, but I'll fold " If you're that sure he's bluffing, call(that was the plan) but if that because now he pushes soooo much in the pot 2.5x and now he must have it, just fold and thats' it !! nothing wring with that
Old 12-20-2006, 04:38 PM

first off... wanted to say that i like this posted hand.. pretty interesting.. ive thought about the hand alot and ive now convinced myself that it had to be a bluff... when u gonna post the result?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:18 PM

Default RESULTS...anti-climatic

When I look back at the hand, I think I should have called. I think he was just flat out getting frustrated in the match, and the way I had played previous rivers (ie, chking to induce huge bluffs) showed he is certainly more bluff happy than most on rivers. Every draw blanked on this river. He pushes over 200bbs into the pot on the river. I just don't think he would value raise a queen here like this. I think my hand looked like one pair, and he therefore thought he could push me off it. He knows I will call this huge river raise so infrequently that it doesn't make sense to raise this much if he has a real hand. I just won't pay it off a high enough % of the time.

In the hand, I tanked, and timeed out. Nothing you can do. I think I should have called, but I realize the more important thing is that I should have check-called this river, because I just wasn't comfortable ccalling off 200+bbs on the river with one pair below the board.

dlpnyc21

ps. for those who said this was a brag post, sorry to disappoint, nothing to brag about here.