Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Decent hand at spewy table

I pretty much just sat down at this table, and was quickly faced with some wretched decisions. Open raiser here raises lightly, which may be why his raise set off a cascade of calls. The flop is obviously not delightful, but I've already seen button donk bet [censored] and bet it through the river unimproved. Do you call this flop? Seems like it MIGHT be close - I'm not sure. Turn obviously not good, but it seems as though a peel might be in order. Yes/no? River is an easy fold, of course. Thoughts?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (10 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 07-02-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Decent hand at spewy table

the river doesn't change anything imo, if you're calling the turn you should call the river too
Old 07-02-2007, 03:13 AM

Preflop: I'd probably fold. I know a lot of really good players say they can show a profit here with medium high connectors but I'm not sure that I can. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (Definately playing KQo or JTs though.) Plus it hurts that you don't have any reads yet.

Flop: Why not lead? You definately don't want this checked through and it's not terrible if you get raised. As played I do the same thing call all those bets. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Turn: I play it the same. Big pot and you have odds to dry to boat.

River: Is there anything at all you beat? You only have to be good here like 8% to call but I think you only win if MP is bluffing.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:33 AM

folding this preflop seems like a huge mistake.

i would have check 3-bet the flop.

i would have shown down whatever, folding the river is so overrated.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
folding this preflop seems like a huge mistake.

i would have check 3-bet the flop.

i would have shown down whatever, folding the river is so overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think there can be value preflop but you have to play better than the average poster on this forum does. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I didn't think about 3betting the flop... I assume its because you think we have enough equity with our draw? Seems unlikely that we are head.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:35 AM

Folding JT0 preflop getting 7:1 against a light raisor and with bad players in the pot would be TERRIBLE!

In general its a big mistake to fold playble hands for 1 bet in the blinds against bad players.

About the hand. I 3-bet the flop.

The turn is a no-brainer getting 12:1 with 4 outs.

I dont mind the river fold but I think I call it. I disagree with BBB that u have to call the river if u call the turn. If you knew MP has Kx calling turn and folding river would be the obvious play.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:45 AM

Id call the river, but its a fold... 3-bet the flop to try knock out gutshot + pair hands.. If not ur equity is ok

I sometimes lead, sometimes c/r... This table make up makes it fine to c/r
Old 07-02-2007, 07:35 AM

Getting 14-1 I call the river. I wouldn't mind a flop raise.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the river doesn't change anything imo, if you're calling the turn you should call the river too

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding the turn would be pretty bad.