Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

is this a standard fold? i couldnt see him having anything but two hearts but maybe some of you call this putting him on something else. villian is 33/0/1 over 27 hands. that 1 for aggression makes me feel like im justified since he auto pushed.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $9.00
Hero (BB): $10.45
UTG: $7.30
CO: $13.20
BTN: $8.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.10, BTN folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.30) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.70</font>, CO calls $0.70, SB calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.40) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, CO folds, SB calls $1.50

River: ($5.40) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $6.70</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $12.10 ($0.25 Rake)

on a side note, im having more fun at 10NL than i have at probably any other limit. i think it is mostly because a lot of my big hands are getting action, i'd get half a stack or some piddly blinds and it got frustrating to see my BR stagnate when flopping flushes and making boats at the smaller limits, now i flop a flush and someone wants to draw to their straight or pay me with their TPTK.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:49 PM

Any reads on opponent? If thats the same retard i played on NL10 who pushed when the colorcard hit the board i would snapcall. I guess the villain would push with slowed set/ten too, so i say call.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:35 PM

Diceman, readless I don't think I fold there. And if it was an insta-push from villain, that makes it an insta-call (at 50NL anyway).

And I think you need to go a bit more on turn.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:35 PM

bet more turn i think.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesnt for me, sucking out makes me feel like a [censored] player which makes me feel very annoyed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. I often think "Damn, I can only win by dumb luck. I'm the fish here."
Old 09-25-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am gonna start posing a ton more hands where I win. I am sick of all this. "I think he has a set. fold. crap".

We need people to stop thinking "he's only posting because he lost the hand and the board is so dry it must be a set"

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually post hands where I win but I played poorly or think I made a big mistake.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this a standard fold? i couldnt see him having anything but two hearts but maybe some of you call this putting him on something else. villian is 33/0/1 over 27 hands. that 1 for aggression makes me feel like im justified since he auto pushed.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $9.00
Hero (BB): $10.45
UTG: $7.30
CO: $13.20
BTN: $8.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.10, BTN folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.30) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.70</font>, CO calls $0.70, SB calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.40) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, CO folds, SB calls $1.50

River: ($5.40) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $6.70</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $12.10 ($0.25 Rake)

on a side note, im having more fun at 10NL than i have at probably any other limit. i think it is mostly because a lot of my big hands are getting action, i'd get half a stack or some piddly blinds and it got frustrating to see my BR stagnate when flopping flushes and making boats at the smaller limits, now i flop a flush and someone wants to draw to their straight or pay me with their TPTK.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had bet more on earlier streets, it would have been an easier decision. The problem is, that ime, villain will actually have 2pair, set or straight (for a split) here a considerable amount of time. He played his hand like a draw though and I would set the probability that he is on a pure bluff pretty low. Thing is that many people play their hands without looking at the board much, i.e. play AA, JJ, QQ, KK, AJ, AQ, AK, KQ, any T exactly like that. Depends on the player. You need to have a slight recall of what he has shown down yet so that you have an idea of his understanding of hand values.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:34 PM

Wow you people are real purists.

Everytime I decide to shove for 200BB with AQs or something, where the guy hits set of aces on flop, and I runner runner flush him, I'm like "ship it mothafuckaaaaaaa!!! hope yer tilted [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]"

Sometimes I do a jig.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually post hands where I win but I played poorly or think I made a big mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as I recall from the way the posting in the brew has gone the last few days, you are actually the only one who doesn't play perfectly basically all the time and is the best player at his limit anyway.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow you people are real purists.

Everytime I decide to shove for 200BB with AQs or something, where the guy hits set of aces on flop, and I runner runner flush him, I'm like "ship it mothafuckaaaaaaa!!! hope yer tilted [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]"

Sometimes I do a jig.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when you run good or average anyway, that is certainly easy to do. But when I run bad and then realize that the only all in that I won during the last 5K hands was because I hit a 2 outer on the turn and managed to get the money in, it's pretty depressing actually. But that's obv. results oriented thinking anyway, because it has nothing to do with the question whether I was correct to get the money in against his range in the first place.
Closed Thread