Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Unfortunately, like I've said for a while, the main result here is that people here can pat themselves on the back and say "awesome, we really showed them!" while nothing actually changes at all except maybe a short-term dip in Absolute's revenues.

On the plus side, at least it resulted in the people who got cheated by this one specific account getting their money back, so it definitely wasn't for nothing and definitely had a tangible positive result.

But in terms of long-term impact, none of this really matters at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm incredibly disappointed, not only by El D's total negativity (are 30,000+ posts proof of insanity or just amphetamine abuse?), but mostly by the certainty that once again he's 100% right. But maybe there is a better way to make sure the world at large knows this. At my local B&M and any other B&M, there are ton of players who play online recreationally. Most have never heard this story (I know, I've been talking about it for months).

What if a group of 2+2'rs got together and printed out custom T-Shirts saying something like

"Absolute Poker Lied" in big print, followed in smaller print by their actual statements, from the first one to the last, showing the discrepancies. The back of the shirt could say in big print "Absolute Poker Cheating", and summarize what happened as well. Maybe enlist Admo to make them look really cool.

Print up thousands of these T-Shirts and have 2+2rs give them away at their local B&Ms. I guarantee if you speak with a floor man, they will be very happy to assist you in doing this (because of course they view online poker as competition), as long as nothing on the shirt is libelous. For the cost of $10k-$20k we could have a pretty big impact, and I would just love to see Mark Seif roll into his local club (Commerce?) and see these shirts being worn everywhere.

Of course, many of you make your living on-line, I don't, I'm strictly a part time B&M-er right now. This has been horrible publicity for your chosen business, and you may feel it's a bad idea to scare all those B&M fish you feed off. If so I understand, it just burns me to see AP get away from this without serious consequences. I will not do anything on my own, but if a consensus develops on this forum (including on line pros) that it's worthwhile to publicize AP's actions I would contribute time and money to help.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AP's statement is so [censored] week. I'm going to get you bastards at UB too.... I'm Shaun [censored] Deeb

[/ QUOTE ]

QFShaun [censored] Deeb
Old 10-21-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to get you bastards.... I'm Shaun [censored] Deeb

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-21-2007, 03:54 PM

3 things can be done:

1/ buckle Mohawk by media exposure which highlights their incompetence & illegal practices, making sure that all other businesses utilizing Mohawk are made aware.

2/ stop playing online poker, because all the sites are complicit

3/ involve the Canadian courts
Old 10-21-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My life's work cannot be devoted to pro-bono work outing AP and UB scandals. I've put a number of important business deals of my own on the backburner this past week. I did not do any of this scandal-related work for money, but, in the end, I am involved in poker to make money. I did all of this because I thought it was the right thing to do and would benefit poker in the long-term. I guess that's kinda self-interest depending on which angle you look at it from.

I have a bunch of businesses that I either run, co-own or am somehow involved in that make me a relatively significant amount. I've pissed off a number of my business partners with conversations such as the following:

Them: "Hey Nat, how's [such as such] progressing?"
Me: "Can't talk, later"
Them: "WTF, I thought we had a deal that you'd do X and Y?"
Me: "Sorry, AP stuff, can't talk, in convo"

I'm not going to continue to do that forever. At some point, I'll return to my other businesses. Unless someone wants to pay me to be a security consultant, I simply have to move back to what I do on a day-to-day basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what you say has to be recognized. I have spent hours just reading these threads and making the odd post here and there. The hours you and the main players have invested thus far must be significant.
I hope we can all get to the bottom of this eventually after all the work invested so far.

If this is not the case, then I would like to think that in this global economy a higher authorities may get involved(I think some of Absolute's statements are couched to protect themselves from these higher authorities who for certain are monitoring this situation). If this does not happen then maybe (probably a pipe dream) a fund could be built by our community and others to pursue this situation further.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
N82, anything on Seif's HH's?

[/ QUOTE ]

The way how I interpret this situation is we will never actually see those HHs, or if we do, it will not be for awhile because they will need time to edit some hands that never make it to showdown.

I hope I get proven wrong but it really seems like Seif issued the "I'm willing to have the HHs publicly displayed" statement fully knowing they would never actually get released, and then he can try to come off as looking innocent and hoping everyone just forgets about him as more of this other stuff steals the attention.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:56 PM

Yeah, the 24/7 phase of my involvement in this is gonna end in 5 minutes when the first of my donkaments starts. Sorry, guys, but nobody's paying me for this either, and I'm not able to put things aside for any longer than this.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
N82, anything on Seif's HH's? Also, there is no sense in going on this "audit" any more unless its in CR and its all expenses paid.

M82 for MOD.

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't heard anything from Mark or stuckinpgh.

M82 for MOD.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 things can be done:

1/ buckle Mohawk by media exposure which highlights their incompetence & illegal practices, making sure that all other businesses utilizing Mohawk are made aware.

2/ stop playing online poker, because all the sites are complicit

3/ involve the Canadian courts

[/ QUOTE ]alas#2 is a sad state of affairs. being associated with kanawhake makes all those sites (including stars) look bad. if this doesnt get "fixed" somwhow online poker may suffer ireparable damage
Old 10-21-2007, 04:01 PM

New thread time:

AP wins!
Closed Thread