Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: 50nl 337bb Deep

kolo preflop is way too small your getting too good odds this deep. Also if you two have been avoiding each other it seems pretty ballsy for you to raise the flop with anything worse than AK.

I would have reraised more like 16-18 just to discourage light calls. Not sure how much you bet on the flop but I'd make it 1/2 pot or only slightly over.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:12 AM

3betting this deep with AK is spew imo unless opponent is a total donk. You are never stacking them off on Ace or King high flop. I would proceed cautiously, call and see what happens on the flop (in this case c/r assuming it was call PF). You do not want to stack off this deep with TPTK. It makes it profitable for him to play almost any kind of hand.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:16 AM

and btw I like checking this flop way more than betting.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:33 AM

whats your stars name kolotoure?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:35 AM

theukgrinder
Old 11-26-2007, 01:58 AM

hmm i dont have any hands on you over 35k at 50NL this month must be timezone or something.

Anyway sorry for the hijack i guess i got to figure out this hand now.

24/21 can open a lot of connectors from the CO especially in this deep game. I'd think he would fold them to your 4bet to 25BB but who knows being this deep. I could very well see a slowplayed AA here because he knows 5betting would fold out a lot of your range being this deep (normally you are nearly pot commited when you 4bet 100BB deep) but there is a lot of room left for play this deep.

I think i would fold on the turn bet here...he is saying with this bet i want to play a 700BB pot with this hand, rather then checking behind taking a cheap showdown.

Also I don't really like to play 700BB pots in marginal spots...its better to stay away from these unless you like variance. Also with the donk being deep you want some chips left to try and take them from him.

I might consiter calling here if I had a read on him that he try to make moves or overplays hands but your only read is he is a solid tag so i fold.

also, flop call is fine. He could be trying to bluff you off KK/QQ (large part of your 4bet range) or see where he is at with his Ax, He checks behind here a lot and takes a cheap showdown.

Sorry for the randomness of my post. I was just typing out thoughts as i went i kept changing my mind. Usually I'm able to think the entire hand out in my head and have a plan for what to do but this one was hard being so deep.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:30 AM

4 betting this is unreasonable this deep IMO, unless you have been playing LAG
hell be calling w/ a wider range regardless (b/c your deep), so you cant really pin point his hand
youll be cbetting in to kind of big pot

tahts all PF.

Post flop; you need to know what he is capable of. Lots of TAGs wouldnt play anything short of AK the way he has here. Really depends if he is capable of doing something tricky or not.

I'd possibly fold on flop after he raises, mainly b/c few turns will be good (A) and I will see free river like 0%

If he is a pusssy, I would call though.

Turn is sick as [censored]. If he is bluffing here, that is about the sickest bluff IMO. Chances are IMO (from an average TAG) is he is valuing your ass w/ a 7 or better.

Bluffing like this is just too out of line IMO, especially after you call flop, and 4 bet pre. He knows you have an Ace.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:26 AM

Thanks for all of the responses
I had been playing longer than usual, I was just about to quit, and was pretty much on auto pilot when this hand happened.

The pot got big pretty quick and I wasn't thinking correctly about controlling the size of the pot. I wouldn't normally have any problem getting away from TPTK this deep, but I really didn't think after having played with him for a while that he'd call me with a hand pf that had a 7 in it.

I almost folded to his turn bet, but after thinking through the hand I really thought he had AK, I just couldn't see him having any other hand. I just shoved turn because I figured it was going in regardless and I really didn't think he had me beat. He had 77 for flopped quads.

Preflop I thought villain was trying to isolate the CO who was a weaker player and I figured my pf raise would just take it down. I think you can make good arguments for folding, calling or raising pf, but after reading many of the responses I do now think folding is best here. Once I bet the flop it's tough to fold to his flop raise. I guess I could have gotten away on the turn but the pot's so big and he would probably play AK the same way.

Good hand Kolotoure