Default Re: Sean Taylor passed away this morning

Man, that is pretty sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

RIP
Old 11-27-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
didnt he get shot in the leg?!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes he did, in his upper leg and busted open a major artery which caused massive blood loss. Very sad, such a young guy, just had a kid and his teammates were saying that he was coming around since he became a father. The good die young I guess...
Old 11-27-2007, 07:26 AM

killed by indians
Old 11-27-2007, 07:29 AM

That sucks.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes he did, in his upper leg and busted open a major artery which caused massive blood loss. Very sad, such a young guy, just had a kid and his teammates were saying that he was coming around since he became a father. The good die young I guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know he was good? There were guys coming to kill him (or at least shoot his dick off w/ a shotgun) and I remember hearing this wasn't the first time...

edit:
Miami Police Seek Taylor for Questioning in Assault

By Jason La Canfora
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, June 4, 2005; Page E1

Miami-Dade County police are looking to speak with Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor as a "person of interest" in a case involving a stolen car and shots fired Wednesday night, a police spokeswoman said today.

Taylor, the fifth overall pick in the 2004 draft, and a friend were at the scene of a crime and Taylor is one of several people police are seeking to contact regarding the incident, according to Cathy Webb, a public information officer for the Miami-Dade County Police Department.

Webb said police are still investigating the crime and have no information as to Taylor's role, if any, in the matter. It was unclear who the stolen car belonged to and why Taylor was there. Webb said shots were fired into the vehicle.

The Redskins did not respond to requests seeking comment on the matter.

Taylor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, did not return several telephone messages asking for comment.

Taylor, 22, who attended the University of Miami, has spent the offseason in South Florida, drawing the ire of Redskins Coach Joe Gibbs because he has failed to report to Redskins Park for voluntary workouts and practices.

Taylor has not returned calls from Gibbs and his staff during the offseason and the team as of this afternoon still had not received assurances that the second-year defensive back would attend a mandatory minicamp June 17-19. Rosenhaus has repeatedly declined to comment on Taylor's absence from Redskins Park.

Taylor's father, Pedro, the chief of police in Florida City, Fla., declined to comment on Wednesday's incident when reached by telephone at his office. He instructed a reporter to call Taylor's mother, Donna Junor.

Junor, when contacted at her home, said she had no specifics about the incident but believed Taylor was not injured.

"They said he's okay, but I haven't spoken to him," Junor said. "I don't know where he is, but I've heard all kinds of things. I don't want to speculate, so there's nothing I can really say."

A woman at the same telephone number identifying herself as Taylor's great-grandmother said Taylor ate dinner at their home Wednesday night before going out.

She, too, said she has not heard from Taylor and had no other information.

Taylor was arrested on charges of driving while intoxicated in October, during his rookie season, and was suspended for one game by the team. The charges were dismissed in January.

Taylor changed agents three times last year before returning to Rosenhaus after being unhappy with the six-year contract, worth a maximum of $40 million, he had signed under his previous agent.

Taylor was fined $25,000 by the league after leaving its mandatory rookie symposium without permission, and a member of the Cincinnati Bengals accused Taylor of spitting on him during a game last season, although the NFL could not find evidence of the claim after investigating it.

Gibbs said the Redskins performed an exhaustive background check on Taylor before selecting him with their first round pick last year and, at the time, called the selection one of the "most researched things in the history of sports."
Old 11-27-2007, 07:32 AM

This sucks. Sorry to hear it. Several times overnight had hoped to hear something good about his condition changing.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
killed by indians

[/ QUOTE ]

Real classy man. Keep up the good work.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know he was good? There were guys coming to kill him (or at least shoot his dick off w/ a shotgun) and I remember hearing this wasn't the first time...

[/ QUOTE ]

It is generally agreed on by anyone who spends more than 4 seconds looking at his life that he was more or less a good guy.