Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 03:53 PM

Default K7s Flush Draw on an active flop

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero...

I've only been at the table for a couple of orbits and UTG+1 has been here for only one orbit, but he has been in virtually every hand so far. SB has been in a bit more than half the hands and very aggressive Preflop and on the flop (56/18.8/2.2 but 3.5 on the flop).

My thoughts: At this instant I'm getting 5:1 odds (20:4) for a flush draw to the 2nd nuts, but I'm going to assume that UTG+1 is going to cap this and SB will call so I'd be getting 26:6. I don't think my King overcard is worth much, maybe one out at most. I'm going to ignore the possible gutshots. I believe I have the odds to draw even though there's a chance that the nut flush draw is out there.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: K7s Flush Draw on an active flop

Call down for the flush.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:12 PM

Call it. Don't think twice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You'll only be contributing 33% of the pot's equity, but you're expected to hit 35% of the time. Since 35% &gt; 33%, call. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call it. Don't think twice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You'll only be contributing 33% of the pot's equity, but you're expected to hit 35% of the time. Since 35% &gt; 33%, call. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, no. DUCY? It's still a call, though.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:20 PM

return of the friiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttoooooooossssss [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 04:33 PM

Don't be afraid of having the second best flush draw. Also, I am not sure what freteloo is getting at.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be afraid of having the second best flush draw. Also, I am not sure what freteloo is getting at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, obv. you're only 35% to hit if (a) your FD is clean (which it'll not be always) (b) your opponent don't already have a hand that has a good redraw to a flush. With a bet, call, raise and 3bet, that seems a plausible assumption, so you gotta discount your 35% equity somewhat. Not enough to fold, obv., but the way to get good at this stuff is not so much doing the right thing but knowing why it's the right thing.

(disclaimer: I have no idea how a 2c/4c FR games plays these days).