Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Flopped FD + top pair

As always, no reads... Never seen villains before.

I felt I should probably play for his stack here since it's only $50 more total and there's almost that in the pot. Correct play? If he was deeper I would easily throw this hand away because I feel he has a set. Do you guys as usual disagree on folding this in that scenario? And if you do, do you really play these limits?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $98.45
UTG+1: $123.55
roggles: $96.20
Button: $71
SB: $135.40
BB: $43.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) roggles is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">roggles raises to $4.5</font>, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($15, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">roggles bets $15</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $60</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">roggles raises all-in $91.7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button calls all-in $6.5</font>.
Uncalled bets: $25.2 returned to roggles.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Flopped FD + top pair

I personally dont like to push these type of hands because you have both the A and Q of hearts (3 in total), and unless someone is getting really frsiky with a wrap str8 draw, you are in bad shape against a set. Since you do put him on a set, no reason not to c/c this flop and proceed cautiously on the turn; you might also get a free card if a str8 card hits from top and bottom 2pr etc. Basically, I don't think that there is any reason to get it all in on this flop.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:39 PM

So you're saying you wouldn't cbet this flop? I don't know if you saw it, but when he raises me on the flop he's almost going all-in, so since I did cbet I think I have to call this.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:41 PM

Villan has 888, I'd fold on the flop! J/K

I think I'm happy to get it in here for 71BB with top pair and NFD W/ backdoor broadways.

Why play PLO if yuo don't like to gamboool?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:44 PM

I don't really want to get off topic here, but do you always C-bet full pot?

Once you get raised that strongly by an unknown I think I fold, especially with 3 hearts in my hand. There aren't many 2 pair or wrap draws out there. I think this is a set very often, at least against an unknown.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you do put him on a set, no reason not to c/c this flop and proceed cautiously on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
how do you put him on a set? He called preflop and hasn't done anything on the flop, so you check because you put him on a set?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:57 AM

exactly..how on earth do u just put someone one a set before any action is out there... Your raised pre with this hand.. and flopped reasonable....no reason on earth why you shouldnt c-bet unless you have Farha on tilt behind you.. and even then i still throw out a bet, for different reasons though...
However given that you do have three hearts in your hand...and the three big ones, it makes it much less likly he is on some kind of move with a flush draw, the only hand he could really have which is draw-ry is something like 5-6-7 with hearts...it is far more likly he has either two pair, with perhaps a heart re-draw or a set... against the two pair hand, your quite well off anyway and i couldnt imagine him having a set more then 75% of the time here, which just about makes this a call, especially that he isnt deep.. and its good for the heart to gambol once in a while, i call here
Old 11-14-2007, 04:58 AM

he basically has 1 PSB left once you c/bet so could easily be doing this with K8 where its obviously a mistake to fold. you are being offered 30% equity against 88 and the pot is offering you just worse than 2-1 so even if he has a set its close to the right price. this seems straightforward playing semi shallow
Old 11-14-2007, 08:58 AM

oh yeah I didn't say but I think it's absolutely standard.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:58 PM

If my estimation of the math is correct we are close to even money vs a set, if you compare pot odds. Since he could have 2 pair/or a wrap this makes it EV+

I would always play it like this