Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You are clueless. You continue to take swipes at people that are simply questioning your bona fides. I don't give a ratsass whether you are on the inside or not. I just find it suspect that someone makes an account to come on here and telle everyone that he is an inside guy, and denigrates anyone who questions him or his motive. And guess what, it only took me two minutes to type this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok genius so we've got 34 pages of ''gossip'' here and it's all just a mistake because the accounts used different IP's, is that what you're saying? are you really that naive? Stars has cleared 3000 other accounts, including a couple with very strong allegations against them and not this one, why do you think that is?

Like someone who seems to know what they are talking about just posted, it seems the people in question have been given right to reply before a final judgement is released.

[/ QUOTE ]

so based on all the insider info. you have right now, what are the odds that the winner will be found guilty and not get the money? thanks
Old 10-08-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You are clueless. You continue to take swipes at people that are simply questioning your bona fides. I don't give a ratsass whether you are on the inside or not. I just find it suspect that someone makes an account to come on here and telle everyone that he is an inside guy, and denigrates anyone who questions him or his motive. And guess what, it only took me two minutes to type this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok genius so we've got 34 pages of ''gossip'' here and it's all just a mistake because the accounts used different IP's, is that what you're saying? are you really that naive? Stars has cleared 3000 other accounts, including a couple with very strong allegations against them and not this one, why do you think that is?

Like someone who seems to know what they are talking about just posted, it seems the people in question have been given right to reply before a final judgement is released.

[/ QUOTE ]

so based on all the insider info. you have right now, what are the odds that the winner will be found guilty and not get the money? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
I've posted what I've been told, just not where I got the info from, so aslong as you believe me as I do the person that told me, you can do your own odds...we really don't have enough info for that though, as we don't know what Stars are using as proof or any likely defence.

Like everyone I would like a speedy conclusion to this and obviously the right decision made. But of course with such a big amount of money and a flagship event's reputation on the line, no one is going to make any hasty conclusions. Safe to say Stars must still believe they have a case or Stephen would've come back to this thread to kill off the gossip. The speculation does there reputation no favours, but a flawed judgement would be even worse...
Old 10-08-2007, 07:00 PM

i blah blahed
Old 10-08-2007, 07:13 PM

Who gets the money?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody updated his wiki, lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Teltscher

If you look at the changes they are quite amusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not there anymore of course, but this sentence was a funny NVG shout-out, if you will, by the editor:

[ QUOTE ]
He has been accused of using his sister's name as a straw account to win the 2007 Pokerstars $2600 buy-in World Championship of Online Poker which paid over a cool million to the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-09-2007, 03:02 AM

was berkowitz's mom ever investigated? i'm pretty sure she wasn't the one who made it deep in the wcoop two years ago
Old 10-09-2007, 08:57 AM

I seem to believe Stars knows the answer to all of their questions and the inquiry is complete. I think it is more of a decision of how they proceed PR-wise. It is lose-lose for them the more they make public unfortunately.

If they let him keep the money there will be a backlash, and much trust will be eroded because clearly there is no way to explain this situation away.

If they seize the money, it is bad because people feel threatened by such a huge seizure from an esoteric situation as seen byt most casual players. It is not like he was sharing holecards with someone at the final table and Stars can proudly proclaim "we got 'em"

There is definitely politics behinds their decision as well. Teltscher is a genuinely unlikable guy and has many enemies. If it were somebody like Ted Forrest in the same situation, it is doubtful his funds would be confiscated. the whole issue would be played down.

I certainly don't envy the position of pokerstars' PR dept. right now. If I were them I think you have to sweep it under the rug as much as possible at this point. I'm surprised they even replied here.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:02 AM

Does anyone know if Teltscher started the event in Baden?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:14 AM

He isn't listed as a remaining player for day 3, nor is his name anywhere in day one or two coverage or on notable bustouts per pokernews.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He isn't listed as a remaining player for day 3, nor is his name anywhere in day one or two coverage or on notable bustouts per pokernews.

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at the live reports too. Of course Lyloff started.

Very very odd from someone who doesn't miss these things, and just finished 2nd, and just had hit travel roomate win.

Doesn't add up.
Closed Thread